Every year AHMEC celebrates Father’s Day with FatherFest, a great day to honor Dad for all he does. What better way to say “Thank you’” than an awesome helicopter ride (for an additional cost) and fun activities? It’s an exciting day featuring antique cars and motorcycles, food trucks, a beer garden, sports-oriented inflatable games, helicopter rides (additional cost) and more from 10 a.m. until 3 p.m.
This year’s theme is “Celebrate the Wonder of Flight,” and our aircraft lineup doesn’t disappoint.
The roster includes:
A Magni M-16 gyrocopter
Pennsylvania Air National Guard helicopter
United States Coast Guard Air Station, Atlantic City helicopter
Pennsylvania State Police helicopter
Home-built RotorWay 162-F helicopter
Robinson R-44 helicopter
J-3 Piper Cub airplane
T-28 Trojan Navy Trainer airplane
RV-12 Homebuilt airplane
Adding to the “Flight” theme are a birds of prey exhibition from The Falconry Girl, Margaret Young, and a demonstration by Mike Dupuy Falconry at 1 p.m.
Food trucks like Zac’s Burger, Haute Wheels and The Tot Cart create culinary delights while Malvern’s Locust Lane Brewery’s Beer Garden refreshes with amazing brews. And Kona Ice’s cold, sweet treats always satisfy on a hot day.
Additional entertainment includes DJ music by Full Moon Entertainment, Larry Smythe’s M.A.S.H. military collection, Gary Deaver Out of the Box Robotics Team and dogs from Paws for People™ Pet-Assisted Visitation Volunteer Services. VVendors such as Crossan Kettle Corn sell wonderful goods for all ages, and groups like the United States Army, United States Coast Guard Flotilla 04-76 and Chapter 436 of Vietnam Veterans of America offer information about their respective organizations.
Admission is $10.00 per person. Helicopter rides cost $60.00 per person extra on a first-come, first-served basis beginning at 10:00 a.m. until 3 p.m. Contact the museum at 610-436-9600 with questions or for more information.
Get your tickets now… you DON’T want to miss this!
- Dutch EMS operator picks P&W engines for new H135s
- Possible US Foreign Military Sale to the UK
- Airbus to showcase H135 as future Navy helicopter
- Dart signs new AMC during Helitech 2018
- Visit Bell at #IACP2018
- New helicopter hoist will help rescue injured firefighters in Nevada
- Bell and Yamato announce collaboration
- Leonardo congratulates the Royal Malaysian Navy on reaching a milestone
- Dart receives EASA certification for EC130/H130 Cable Cutter System
- Enstrom announces 280FX Sale at Helitech 2018
- 1st H125 delivered with BLR FastFin kit
- Dart opens new service center in Amsterdam
- HeliOffshore held the 2nd in a series of Human Hazard Analysis workshops
- Avic ready to export Z-19 attack helicopter
- CH-53K running short of crucial part
- Te Anau Retains Helicopter Base
- Airbus to showcase at Euronaval
- Portuguese Air Force orders 5 AW119Kx
- Helitech to change name as expo adapts to changing market
- Kopter announces new distributor for the Nordic countries