Prabhu Helicopter Pvt Ltd, only Robinson operator of the country has brought two brand new Turbine Robinson R66 helicopter, designed and built by Robinson Helicopter Company in CA, USA for commercial operations, a statement issued by the company said today.
According to the officials from Prabhu Helicopter, the aircraft cargo has already arrived Birgunj customs and is expected to reach its base at Pokhara Airport within a couple of days via roadways. The choppers were dispatched couple of months earlier from USA by seaways and was later transported to Nepal via roadway. The aircraft’s parts including fuselage, tail-boom was dismantled into a container.
The assembling work of the newly bought chopper will be carried out at Prabhu’s Hangar in Pokhara Airport by next week with the Prabhu Engineering team, noted officials, adding that the company will conduct its test flight after the accomplishing the assembling work of the chopper. The Company had already been working on the required paper works of CAAN for the allocation of Nepalese registration number to the chopper.
The company is also planning to provide its service from Kathmandu base in the near and popular destinations for tourist and also conduct medical evacuations. After the addition of two brand new R66, Prabhu features with five helicopters in its fleet; one R44 and four R66s.
The R66 Turbine helicopter is the new version R66 which consists of fully integrated glass flight deck and Garmin GDU 1060 TXi PFD/MFD which provides flight information and safety. The five-seated Robinson R66 chopper features with a two-bladed rotor system, T-bar cyclic and the latest in Robinson technology including streamlined instrument panels, energy absorbing seats and crashworthy bladder fuel tanks. The chopper is driven by a pair of Rolls Royce RR300 turbo-shaft engine. The RR300 engine operates on readily available Jet A fuel and offers increased reserve power, additional payload and improved altitude performance. Hydraulic controls eliminate feedback forces and provide responsive handling.
Reproduced from Aviation Nepal with permission. This is NOT a press release. HeliHub.com has an exclusive agreement with Aviation Nepal which allows us to reproduce helicopter news which they publish. Copyright and full responsibility for the content of this article remains with Aviation Nepal.
- Russian Helicopters offers state-of-the-art civil rotorcraft to African customers
- Ramm Aerospace AS350 heater line kits TCCA and FAA approved
- Kenya receives nine AS550C3 Fennecs from UAE
- Harris Awarded $94M contract for CV-22 radio components
- General Electric awarded $18M contract for UH-60 pipe exhausts
- Gozo hospital helicopter inquiry finds no fault
- Royal Saudi Naval Forces launches first MH-60R
- Northrop began flight tests for MQ-8C Fire Scout
- CHC Australia Awarded New Helicopter Services Contract
- Metro delivers H135 to Washington Hospital Center
- US Army conducts first operational test of UH60V Black Hawk
- First Flight turns 40
- Helicopter ambulance service soon in Tamil Nadu
- Black Hawk marks 40 years service and prepares for another 50
- CHC 14th Safety & Quality Summit Less than a Month Away
- Leonardo performs TH-119 avionics power
- Strategic Partnership Targets Global Robinson
- PhilJets appoints new CEO to lead expansion
- Mecaer Aviation Group wins STC approval for Bell 505 interior
- Top-level appointments at Coptersafety