Donaldson Aerospace & Defense, a division of Donaldson Company, Inc. (NYSE: DCI), has signed an agreement with Leonardo to develop two new Inlet Barrier Filters (IBF) for the AW169 helicopter.
After development and testing, the dry and oiled media IBFs will be approved by the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) as an addition to the Type Certificate. Once certified, the IBFs will be available as a factory option for new Leonardo helicopters as well as retrofitted to in-service European AW169s as a customer option. The IBFs will keep contamination, including dirt, dust, salt, and foreign objects, from degrading the performance of the AW169’s twin 1,000 shaft horsepower Pratt & Whitney PW210A engines.
“Providing world-class engine protection to our customers is an ongoing priority for Leonardo Helicopters,” said Fabio Nannoni, SVP Engineering of Leonardo Helicopters. “Donaldson is the right choice to provide a superior filtration solution for our new generation family of helicopters.” Donaldson IBFs are already EASA certified for installation on AW139 and, soon, on AW189 helicopters.
“We are pleased and privileged to be working with Leonardo to bring Donaldson IBF-level protection to the AW169,” said Dan Larsen, general manager, Donaldson Aerospace & Defense. “It’s part of our ongoing commitment to help operators fly even more effectively and efficiently.”
Donaldson’s IBF Systems lead the industry in preventing engine damage and are a key component for lowering aircraft operating costs.
- Boeing awarded $181M contract for Procurement of 156 CH-47F Chinook Helicopters
- Bell and SUBARU announce their collaboration
- First H160 pre-assembled rear fuselage is plug and play ready
- Safran renews Pattonair contract
- Japan Coast Guard signs HCare Smart for its H225 fleet
- Aeronautical Accessories Focused on Expanding Bell 505 Accessory Offerings
- CAAS, EASA and Airbus collaborate
- Boeing awarded $264M contract for MH-47 Support Services
- Magpas Air Ambulance selects AW169 to replace MD Explorer
- Sloane Helicopters opens up Irish corporate market with AW109 GrandNew sale
- Bell 429 Celebrates over 330 000 hours of operation
- CAE launches CAE 700MR Series flight training device
- NH90 Sea Lion starts Qualification phase
- Airbus hands over Empire Test Pilot School H125 to QinetiQ
- MD Helicopters creates MDHI Flight Training Academy
- GVH awarded EASA STC for H135 Aeromedical System
- FAA approves all-glass cockpit for MD530F
- CNC Technologies selected to Deploy Airborne Mission Suites for Agency’s New Airbus H125
- Boeing Receives Contract for Four Special Operations Chinooks
- Bristow opens new SAR base at Lydd