Russian Helicopters has initiated work on recognition (validation) of the type certificate of the latest Mi-171A2 helicopter in India. At present, negotiations with the aviation authorities of the country (DGCA) on the certification procedure are underway.
“Taking into account high potential of cooperation with India in the field of civil aviation, we consider further development and strengthening of bilateral relations to be very important. From this point of view, it is really symbolic that the Indian company was the first foreign customer that ordered the latest Mi-171A2, and it is the first country where we began the process of validation of the Russian helicopter certificate,” said Andrey Boginsky, General Director of Russian Helicopters.
As it was noted in the Holding, the need to recognize the type certificate of Mi-171A2 helicopter is explained by the high interest in these helicopters from potential customers from the Asia-Pacific region. Currently, the Holding is developing a number of projects for supply of Mi-171A2 helicopters to buyers from the APR.
Mi-171A2 is the result of major modernization of Mi-8/17/171 helicopters. More than 80 alterations have been made to its design with respect to the base model.
The helicopter is equipped with the advanced VK-2500PS-03 engines with a modern electronic automatic control system of the FADEC type. Besides, due to the design solutions, the VK-2500PS-03 engines provide more reliable operation of helicopter equipment in areas with hot climate and in high-altitude conditions. The use of digital flight and navigation system showing data on display allowed reducing the crew to two people.
- Boeing awarded $181M contract for Procurement of 156 CH-47F Chinook Helicopters
- Bell and SUBARU announce their collaboration
- First H160 pre-assembled rear fuselage is plug and play ready
- Safran renews Pattonair contract
- Japan Coast Guard signs HCare Smart for its H225 fleet
- Aeronautical Accessories Focused on Expanding Bell 505 Accessory Offerings
- CAAS, EASA and Airbus collaborate
- Boeing awarded $264M contract for MH-47 Support Services
- Magpas Air Ambulance selects AW169 to replace MD Explorer
- Sloane Helicopters opens up Irish corporate market with AW109 GrandNew sale
- Bell 429 Celebrates over 330 000 hours of operation
- CAE launches CAE 700MR Series flight training device
- NH90 Sea Lion starts Qualification phase
- Airbus hands over Empire Test Pilot School H125 to QinetiQ
- MD Helicopters creates MDHI Flight Training Academy
- GVH awarded EASA STC for H135 Aeromedical System
- FAA approves all-glass cockpit for MD530F
- CNC Technologies selected to Deploy Airborne Mission Suites for Agency’s New Airbus H125
- Boeing Receives Contract for Four Special Operations Chinooks
- Bristow opens new SAR base at Lydd