The Government is recommending an increase in the maximum draw prize from its current limit of £400,000 to £500,000. The consultation also ask for views on increasing the number of tickets society lotteries can sell to a value of £100 million per year and the amount they can raise per draw to £5 million.
Nicole Wastell, Lottery Manager at EHAAT said: “Essex & Herts Air Ambulance will soon reach the £10 million annual sales turnover limit set by the current lottery regulations. Unless the regulations are changed, we will be forced to take out a new licence and restructure our existing lottery, at an estimated total cost of £100,000.
“As a Charity which receives no central Government funding we believe our supporters across Essex & Hertfordshire would prefer us to spend this money delivering our life-saving service.
“Each year our Critical Care Teams are called to over 1,000 life-threatening incidents, at a total cost of £6.5 million. £100,000 could pay for us to attend an extra 40 missions or equip 65 premises, such as our charity shops, with defibrillators”.
On a recent visit to the Charity’s Earl’s Colne airbase Colchester MP Will Quince said: “It is far more important for charities to be spending money on delivering services – particularly those saving lives – rather than having to meet restrictive regulations”.
- Annapurna Helicopter received approval from CAAN, Mustang to receive NOC in a few days
- Parker-Hannifin Awarded $39M Contract for HH-60 Spare Stock Number Items
- Ansat and Mi-171A2 helicopters begin a demonstration tour
- First Zulus arrive at MCAS Cherry Point
- Russian Helicopters are ready to supply six Mi-171A2
- Russian Helicopters to open service centers in China
- Two Awards of Excellence won by Wiltshire Air Ambulance
- Air Ambulance Awards of Excellence – winners announced
- Aspirus MedEvac Achieves NAAMTA Accreditation
- Safran Helicopter Engines appoints Senior Executive VP
- Italy Saves €450M from Defence Contract
- Changes for SB-1 Defiant Test Flight
- Asbestos forces Canadian SAR EH101s to move out of Gander
- Lockheed Awarded $382M Contract for Production and Delivery for 8 MH-60R
- NEXA Advisors and VFS to Produce Landmark Urban Air Mobility Study
- PAC delivers 3 Upgraded EC135s
- Trials to launch and land Chinooks on RFA Tidesurge
- Thales to set up Chinese training centre with Avicopter
- SGT Wins Contracts to Support US Army Black Hawk
- CHC Continues 50 Years of Service with Point Resources AS