EASA (European Aviation Safety Agency) Special Purpose Operator (Part-SPO) status has been achieved by Nova Systems UK, an arm of the Australian Nova Group.
Using its EC135 helicopter G-NSYS, the Nova team has worked hard to deliver the safety systems and organisational structures required by the Agency. Nova now adds this important operating declaration to its existing Part 21 Flight Test capability.
This award means that Nova Systems can utilise its aircraft to deliver an extensive range of commercial aerial work operations, including specialised activities in industries such as agriculture, construction, photography, surveying, observation, patrol and aerial advertisement.
Stephen Camporeale, CEO of Nova Systems UK said:
“The ability to deliver a broader range of operations marks a step-change in Nova Systems UK aerial delivery capability.”
“With our commitment to the highest levels of professional project delivery and efficiency we continue to aim to simplify airborne test in the interests of our customers.”
These important additions enable Nova Systems to provide customers with end-to-end airborne flight test and evaluation services, which are not wholly reliant on major aircraft modifications. These services can range from the airborne assessment of pilot assistant devices, such as airborne tablets through collision avoidance equipment to the delivery of electro optical or electronic assessment of ground targets or warships.
Mark Purvis, Lead Helicopter Test Pilot said: “Having already delivered a number of helicopter flight tests for our customers we knew we needed to enhance our offer through EASA Part SPO status. This major expansion in our aviation operations status really does provide our customers with a full spectrum of capabilities”
Nova Systems operates its EC135 out of Thruxton airfield in north Hampshire, close to the MOD’s Salisbury Plain Training Area. It will be exhibiting at Farnborough International Airshow 2018 in Hall 4.
- Italy Saves €450M from Defence Contract
- Changes for SB-1 Defiant Test Flight
- Asbestos forces Canadian SAR EH101s to move out of Gander
- Lockheed Awarded $382M Contract for Production and Delivery for 8 MH-60R
- NEXA Advisors and VFS to Produce Landmark Urban Air Mobility Study
- PAC delivers 3 Upgraded EC135s
- Trials to launch and land Chinooks on RFA Tidesurge
- Thales to set up Chinese training centre with Avicopter
- SGT Wins Contracts to Support US Army Black Hawk
- CHC Continues 50 Years of Service with Point Resources AS
- Appareo expands AML-STC for Stratus ADS-B Out transponders
- AviChina Acquires AVIC
- Bell Reveals V-247 Vigilant
- Airbus Works with HUMS System
- Polish Navy Overhaul Mi-14 SAR
- Airbus to deliver New Zealand’s first HEMS-configured H145s
- Airbus Delivers Upgraded Night Vision to UK police
- Leonardo awarded contract for 22 of the new AW169M
- Bell partners with EPS for eVTOL energy storage
- RSAF Celebrates 20 Years of Training in Oakey