Lease Corporation International (“LCI”), the aviation division of the Libra Group, has today delivered a third new Leonardo AW169 helicopter to Elitaliana S.r.l. (“Elitaliana”) in Italy, fully equipped for Emergency Medical Services (EMS) operations.
The helicopter enters service with Elitaliana on a long term operating lease from LCI, and joins two other AW169s delivered by LCI in 2016 and 2017, operating from Elitaliana’s EMS bases in Rome and the Lazio region.
Crispin Maunder, Executive Chairman of Lease Corporation International, says: “Elitaliana is a proven leader in helicopter operations in Italy, and we are delighted to be supporting their continued growth with the delivery of a third AW169 for their EMS fleet.
“This delivery to Elitaliana expands LCI’s presence in the Italian EMS market and reinforces our long-held strategy of developing a balanced and diverse portfolio, with the majority of our lease portfolio being concentrated on time critical markets.”
Elitaliana is Italy’s oldest helicopter company, having been founded in 1964, and has developed extensive operational experience in a wide range of areas including EMS, offshore helicopter transport, environmental monitoring, forest fire fighting, and search and rescue.
Manfred de Windisch Graetz of Elitaliana, says: “We have enjoyed a close collaboration with LCI Helicopters over the past years as Elitaliana continues to refresh our EMS operations.
“LCI’s detailed product knowledge and customer attention has been of considerable benefit to us, and we look forward to further cooperation in the years to come.”
LCI’s fleet, which comprises approximately US$750 million of assets in service and on order, is focused on the latest technology medium and super medium helicopters from the leading helicopter manufacturers, including Leonardo, Airbus and Sikorsky.
- AviChina Acquires AVIC
- Bell Reveals V-247 Vigilant
- Airbus Works with HUMS System
- Polish Navy Overhaul Mi-14 SAR
- Airbus to deliver New Zealand’s first HEMS-configured H145s
- Airbus Delivers Upgraded Night Vision to UK police
- Leonardo awarded contract for 22 of the new AW169M
- Bell partners with EPS for eVTOL energy storage
- RSAF Celebrates 20 Years of Training in Oakey
- Washington Redskins owner Dan Snyder buys an AW169
- UK AAIB Bulletin – November 2018
- CEO retires as Bristow announce acquisition of Columbia Helicopters
- CHC adds apprentice engineers in UK
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance appoints new Trustees
- Vision for the future of General Aviation
- Speculative Scottish windfarm heliport plans approved
- Russian Helicopters delivers two Mi-172
- Genaire expands fuel cell repair capabilities to include Bell 412 and 214
- Russian Helicopters successfully tests Ansat
- IHST: Making Life & Death Decisions: A Case Study of a Fatal Helicopter Accident