Russian Helicopters Holding Company (part of Rostec State Corporation) fulfilled the first service contract in the interests of the Lao Ministry of Defense, having transferred a batch of four Mi-17 helicopters at the official ceremony. The helicopters were repaired by a mobile group of specialists of JSC “356 ARP”, which is part of the Holding Company.
The transfer ceremony took place at the air base in Vientiane. The Lao Minister of Defence, Chansamone Chanyalath, and Chief of General Staff, Suvon Luongbunmi, inspected the repaired Mi-17 helicopters. During the official event, a crew of the Lao Air Force performed a demonstration flight in a repaired helicopter.
“The Holding Company is always ready to offer the most comfortable conditions for its customers in terms of both supplying helicopters and rendering after-sales services. Upon the request of the Lao party, we prepared a proposal for the repair of another batch of Mi-17 type helicopters. We hope the decision will be made in the near future,” noted Andrey Boginskiy, Director General of Russian Helicopters.
At the end of the event, the parties held negotiations related to the supplies of new helicopters and further cooperation in the area of service support of the earlier supplied rotorcraft.
The Lao aviation fleet comprises over 20 civil and military helicopters produced by the Holding Company’s enterprises. In addition to Mi-8/17 type helicopters, the country operates medium utility Ka-32T helicopters.
- Hinks Awarded Patent for Negative Spring Compensation
- VHA Receives FAA STC for 206L LongRanger Main Blades
- Boeing completes autonomous synchronised flight tests
- FAA Approves Robinson R66 Cargo Hook
- Rotortrade partners with Gualter Helicopter Brazil
- CHC Brasil Holds Regional Safety and Quality Summit in Rio de Janeiro
- DART launches its new H130/EC130 Cable Cutter System
- Devon Air Ambulance buy Airbus H145
- Flight Safety Dept. conducts meeting on safety enhancement of helicopter operation
- Workhorse brings two-person SureFly octocopter to Manhattan public
- Sikorsky awarded $10M contract for MH-60 Analysis
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance cleared of Novichok contamination
- Airbus renews partnership with USP of São Carlos
- Saab Receives Order for Self-Protection Systems
- Thai Aviation Services S-76D Fleet Achieves 10,000 Flight Hours
- AAMS Statement in Response to NASEMSO “Borders in the Sky”
- Helibras highlights 40 years of leadership
- HeliOffshore SIP Delivers the Data to Make the Frontline Safer
- New modern helipad construction completed at Rasuwa
- Boeing being sued over December 2016 Apache accident