MD Helicopters, Inc. (MDHI) announces its participation in the 2018 Airborne Public Safety Aviation Convention (APSCON), July 11 -13, 2018 at the Kentucky Exposition Center in Louisville, KY. The MDHI display will be anchored by a stunning MD 530F operated by Hamilton County Sheriff’s Office (HCSO) based in nearby Cincinnati, OH.
HCSO is the most recent law enforcement agency to upgrade their proven fleet of MD 500E helicopters via the MDHI-exclusive E-to-F Conversion Program. To date, 23 E-model aircraft have been upgraded through this FAA-approved program; achieving improved performance, reduced operating costs, and sustained safety and reliability.
In addition to showcasing its flagship E-to-F Conversion Program, MDHI will use the APSCON 2018 platform to celebrate its many ongoing modernization and product development initiatives, expanded training offerings, and continued improvements in aftermarket and customer support programs.
“2018 marks our 50th year of dedicated service to airborne law enforcement and public safety operations,” said Andy Pillado, Vice President, Commercial & Military Sales and Marketing for MD Helicopters, Inc. “We are humbled by the loyalty these operators have shown our company and our aircraft, and we are committed to delivering excellence through all phases of acquisition, operation and ownership.”
Current and interested MDHI operators who visit the MDHI team at the 2018 Airborne Public Safety Aviation Convention (APSCON), booth #449, will be able to learn more about the following offerings:
Certified Glass Cockpits
Advanced, all-glass cockpits have been type certified for production and as type-design options for both the MD 600N and MD 530F. Certification efforts are ongoing for the company’s other single-engine models. The MD 530F Helicopter single-engine glass cockpit features:
Howell Instruments Electronic Engine Instruments and Crew Alert System (EICAS)
Garmin G500[H] TXi Electronic Flight Instruments (EFIS) with Touchscreen GDU 700P PFD/MFD
Garmin GTN 650 Touchscreen NAV/COM/GPS
Optional L-3 ESI 500 Electronic Standby Instrument
Law Enforcement & Public Safety-focused Training Courses
In addition to updating an already comprehensive commercial training catalog, MD Helicopters has expanded its curriculum to include a robust offering of mission-focused courses. Available exclusively through MD Helicopters’ Mesa, Arizona-based Training Academy, certified instructors will deliver classroom and hands-on training that incorporates safety, crew resource management and other air crew considerations.
Examples of courses developed specifically to meet the ever-expanding airborne public safety landscape include:
Night Vision Goggles (NVG)
Search & Rescue (SAR)
Alternate Insertion/Extraction Methods
Confined Area/High Altitude/Mountain Operations
Aftermarket & Customer Support Programs
The MD Helicopters Aftermarket and Customer Support teams continue to focus on innovation and responsiveness. Both the easy-to-use MyMD.aero customer portal and the newly established Aftermarket Center of Excellence (ACE) have played integral roles in ensuring optimal operational readiness for the global fleet of MDHI-brand helicopters.
“This is an incredibly exciting time for MD Helicopters. We are a company in the midst of tremendous and aggressive growth, and our future has never looked brighter,” Pillado concludes. “Our team is growing in all areas, production is increasing to meet a growing backlog, and certification efforts for a wide range of technologies are accelerating. It is truly a great time to be part of the MDHI family.”
- New modern helipad construction completed at Rasuwa
- Boeing being sued over December 2016 Apache accident
- Germany expecting delay in CH-53G replacement tender
- ICON Aviation appointed an official distributor for the AW109 Trekker in Brazil
- Pratt & Whitney adds third maintenance facility in Brazil
- MBA adds helicopter values on RedBook platform
- UAE operator EDIC Horizon orders Bell 429 simulator
- UK AAIB Bulletin – August 2018
- Diplomatic row jeopardizes $1.5B helicopter deal between Turkey and Pakistan
- Bell awarded $11M Contract for Helicopter Yoke Assemblies
- Jhonlin Air Transport to add Airbus H145
- Cooper 2 joins life-saving Air Medical Transport Service
- DHART expands its reach
- Bell 525 completes hot weather testing
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance fly 8,000th Mission
- Bell Announces the Delivery of Bell 429s to Jamaica Defence Force
- Egypt Receives new Ka-52 Alligator Helicopters
- Nepal to clamp down on helicopter rescue insurance scams
- Sonoma County Sheriff unveils new helicopter
- Wales Air Ambulance takes over Cardiff HP lease