Japan Coast Guard (JCG) has signed with Airbus Helicopters for an HCare Smart full-by-the-hour material management contract, for a period of five years. Beginning in July, the contract will cover comprehensive maintenance support, including parts-bythe-hour for JCG’s H225 fleet. With the provision of all the parts needed for the maintenance of the rotorcraft in one single contract, this will yield better cost control and forecasting, as well as more efficient day-to-day management for JCG.
Earlier this year, JCG has placed an additional order of H225 helicopter, bringing its overall H225 fleet to a total of ten units by March 2021. The newly-signed HCare Smart contract will cover the entirety of ten H225s currently on order, of which five are already in service.
Olivier Tillier, Managing Director of Airbus Helicopters Japan said: “This being the first and most large-scale adoption of the HCare Smart programme in the Japanese parapublic market, makes it exceptionally meaningful for Airbus. JCG has been a long-standing customer for more than two decades, and it is fast becoming the largest Super Puma operator in Japan today. We are strongly confident that our highly adaptive HCare Smart programme will deliver high fleet availability, reduce aircraft down-time and reinforce the capabilities of JCG’s fleet. Our Airbus Helicopters team in Japan is fully committed to ensure that JCG’s fleet is always performing at its maximum readiness level, while ensuring the highest level of safety for all missions.”
JCG currently operates three AS332s and five H225s. Over the last 25 years, its Airbus fleet has been involved in a multitude of activities, ranging from security enforcement and territorial coastal activities to disaster relief missions in Japan.
Airbus Helicopters’ HCare services provide the most comprehensive aftermarket service coverage, grouped into five domains. Among them, HCare material management offers three different service packages – HCare Infinite, with a full availability commitment; HCare Smart, with four by-the-hour options; and HCare Easy, with on-request catalogue services.
- Dutch EMS operator picks P&W engines for new H135s
- Possible US Foreign Military Sale to the UK
- Airbus to showcase H135 as future Navy helicopter
- Dart signs new AMC during Helitech 2018
- Visit Bell at #IACP2018
- New helicopter hoist will help rescue injured firefighters in Nevada
- Bell and Yamato announce collaboration
- Leonardo congratulates the Royal Malaysian Navy on reaching a milestone
- Dart receives EASA certification for EC130/H130 Cable Cutter System
- Enstrom announces 280FX Sale at Helitech 2018
- 1st H125 delivered with BLR FastFin kit
- Dart opens new service center in Amsterdam
- HeliOffshore held the 2nd in a series of Human Hazard Analysis workshops
- Avic ready to export Z-19 attack helicopter
- CH-53K running short of crucial part
- Te Anau Retains Helicopter Base
- Airbus to showcase at Euronaval
- Portuguese Air Force orders 5 AW119Kx
- Helitech to change name as expo adapts to changing market
- Kopter announces new distributor for the Nordic countries