Sikorsky, a Lockheed Martin company (NYSE: LMT), announced the sale of an S-76D™ aircraft to the Government of Maharashtra in India. The announcement came during the Farnborough International Airshow.
This contract marks the first sale of an S-76D helicopter in India. Delivery is scheduled in 2019.
“The S-76D helicopter introduction has been quite successful in the Indo-Pacific region, with more than 30 aircraft sold and delivered in the last five years,” said Christophe Nurit, Sikorsky’s Regional Executive for Asia. “The aircraft has been selected and proven for multiple mission requirements ranging from Naval and Coast Guard operations to Executive Transport. One of our clients in Asia has accumulated 10,000 hours on its S-76D fleet in less than two years. This is another great achievement for this product. Sikorsky is proud to now introduce it in India.”
S-76D helicopter VIP options include a customized interior with seating for five to eight passengers. Uniquely, the S-76D helicopter can hold its rotor system still while running an engine to power the on-board air-conditioning system for safe, comfortable loading and unloading into the pre-cooled cabin during the summer season and hot climates.
Sikorsky has delivered more than 875 S-76® helicopters to customers globally since 1977, amassing more than 7.25 million fleet flight hours.
- Jhonlin Air Transport to add Airbus H145
- Cooper 2 joins life-saving Air Medical Transport Service
- DHART expands its reach
- Bell 525 completes hot weather testing
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance fly 8,000th Mission
- Bell Announces the Delivery of Bell 429s to Jamaica Defence Force
- Egypt Receives new Ka-52 Alligator Helicopters
- Nepal to clamp down on helicopter rescue insurance scams
- Sonoma County Sheriff unveils new helicopter
- Wales Air Ambulance takes over Cardiff HP lease
- Japan resumes talks with local government on V-22 deployment
- Babcock takes delivery of another new S92
- AVIC AC312E Passes Stability Test
- LOTN completes overhaul of first Afghan Mi-17V-5
- Bell Boeing Joint Program awarded $74M contract for V-22 Repairs
- Bergen H225 Final Accident Report : Comprehensive and Worrying
- New Zealand orders NH90 flight training device from CAE
- Maverick Helicopters has expanded operations to Hawaii’s Kauai
- CHC and Sikorsky Sending Students to Safety & Quality Summit
- Aerometals Receives FAA STC Approval for Airbus H130 IBF System