L3 Aviation Products has been selected by aircraft manufacturer Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) to provide the FA2300 Modular Airborne Data Recorder/Acquisition System (MADRAS) for its Advanced Light Helicopter and Light Combat Helicopter production programs.
“L3 is pleased to build on our long-standing relationship with HAL to deliver the versatile MADRAS flight data and audio recorder system, a proven cockpit solution for helicopters and other platforms now produced and supported in India,” said Tony Nardone, President of Aviation Products, which is part of L3 Commercial Aviation. “Our selection on these platforms is indicative of L3’s continuing strategic investment in India and commitment to growth in support of HAL.”
L3’s FA2300 MADRAS is a Line Replaceable Unit (LRU) produced in India that provides high-speed recording of flight data and audio critical for post-flight analysis and accident investigation. MADRAS records up to 256 words-per-second for a minimum of 25 hours and has the capability to record four channels of high-quality audio for up to two hours. The recorder’s high reliability in the field and single-LRU design result in lower costs over the life of the system.
In 2015, L3 established a manufacturing facility and avionics repair hub in Bengaluru to better serve customers in the region. In 2018, the company began building electronic subassemblies in India for the flight data recorder in that area. L3 currently provides services and support on the MADRAS system at its facility in Bengaluru, which was approved in early 2018 as a CAR 145 repair station serving civil aviation and other non-military customers.
L3 Aviation Products is a provider of commercial and military avionics within L3’s Commercial Aviation business. The company manufactures a diverse line of safety- and efficiency-enhancing products for next-generation requirements, including transponders, ADS-B systems, configurable voice and data recorders, collision avoidance systems, navigation products, display systems and processors. L3 Aviation Products also offers aftermarket services, including MRO and integrated performance-based logistics for military and commercial systems.
- Jhonlin Air Transport to add Airbus H145
- Cooper 2 joins life-saving Air Medical Transport Service
- DHART expands its reach
- Bell 525 completes hot weather testing
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance fly 8,000th Mission
- Bell Announces the Delivery of Bell 429s to Jamaica Defence Force
- Egypt Receives new Ka-52 Alligator Helicopters
- Nepal to clamp down on helicopter rescue insurance scams
- Sonoma County Sheriff unveils new helicopter
- Wales Air Ambulance takes over Cardiff HP lease
- Japan resumes talks with local government on V-22 deployment
- Babcock takes delivery of another new S92
- AVIC AC312E Passes Stability Test
- LOTN completes overhaul of first Afghan Mi-17V-5
- Bell Boeing Joint Program awarded $74M contract for V-22 Repairs
- Bergen H225 Final Accident Report : Comprehensive and Worrying
- New Zealand orders NH90 flight training device from CAE
- Maverick Helicopters has expanded operations to Hawaii’s Kauai
- CHC and Sikorsky Sending Students to Safety & Quality Summit
- Aerometals Receives FAA STC Approval for Airbus H130 IBF System