Kaman Aerosystems, a division of the Aerospace segment of Kaman Corporation (NYSE:KAMN) announced today that it has entered into an agreement with Rainier Heli International Inc. (Rainier), of Kirkland, Washington, under which Rainier will offer K-MAX® leasing solutions to customers. Rainier specializes in providing lease and lease-to-purchase programs tailored to meet the specific needs of helicopter operators around the world.
“Rainier has operated a K-MAX® in the US and abroad performing fire-fighting and utility missions for more than twenty years. As a current owner operator of multiple helicopters, we understand the outstanding value proposition K-MAX® offers to the external lift market, including firefighting and power line construction,” stated Lon Halvorson, CEO of Rainier.
“We are very pleased that Rainier has decided to invest in the future success of the K-MAX® program with this important milestone,” stated Roger Wassmuth Senior Director, Business Development. “We expect this partnership will allow us to further penetrate emerging markets around the world with new production aircraft through a new financing alternative.”
Development of the K-MAX® was led by Kaman founder and former CEO, aviation pioneer Charlie H. Kaman, and received Federal Aviation Administration certification in 1994. The single-engine, single-seat K-MAX® is a rugged low-maintenance aircraft that features a counter-rotating rotor system and is optimized for external load operations and designed specifically for vertical reference flight. The aircraft can lift up to 6,000 pounds (2,722 kg).
- Dutch EMS operator picks P&W engines for new H135s
- Possible US Foreign Military Sale to the UK
- Airbus to showcase H135 as future Navy helicopter
- Dart signs new AMC during Helitech 2018
- Visit Bell at #IACP2018
- New helicopter hoist will help rescue injured firefighters in Nevada
- Bell and Yamato announce collaboration
- Leonardo congratulates the Royal Malaysian Navy on reaching a milestone
- Dart receives EASA certification for EC130/H130 Cable Cutter System
- Enstrom announces 280FX Sale at Helitech 2018
- 1st H125 delivered with BLR FastFin kit
- Dart opens new service center in Amsterdam
- HeliOffshore held the 2nd in a series of Human Hazard Analysis workshops
- Avic ready to export Z-19 attack helicopter
- CH-53K running short of crucial part
- Te Anau Retains Helicopter Base
- Airbus to showcase at Euronaval
- Portuguese Air Force orders 5 AW119Kx
- Helitech to change name as expo adapts to changing market
- Kopter announces new distributor for the Nordic countries