NextGen avionics leader FreeFlight Systems announced today that the Company’s 1203C SBAS/GNSS sensor has been selected to provide ADS-B position source information as a part of an upcoming ADS-B modification and compliance program for the United States Air Force HH-60G helicopter fleet. Strategic Enterprise Solutions, Corp. (SESC, www.sescorp.org) of Warner Robins, Georgia was recently awarded the modification program, which includes installation of the 1203C SBAS/GNSS sensor and the AN/APX-119 Mode S Extended Squitter transponder with Mode 5 capability to provide a complete ADS-B Out solution for more than 100 helicopters.
The FreeFlight Systems 1203C SBAS/GNSS sensor is a certified, high-integrity position source in a compact, lightweight package that was designed to be modular and integratable with various other avionics. The 1203C pairs seamlessly with certified Mode S Extended Squitter transponders for a fully rule-compliant ADS-B Out system.
With several hundred 1203Cs in service today across airline transport, military, business aviation, and rotorcraft platforms, these receivers are known for their high performance, ease of installation, operational reliability and longevity. The 1203C can also serve as the approved position source for select manufacturers of TAWS/FMS, RNP, and other NextGen applications, and allows customers to take advantage of the operational and safety benefits provided by the NextGen airspace transformation without the need for extensive and costly avionics upgrades.
With the ADS-B mandate now only 17 months away, aircraft operators need to prioritize ADS-B installations. Significant portions of today’s airline, business, and military aircraft fleet will remain in service long after 2020, and in many cases an STC’d retrofit solution comprising of a transponder upgrade and the addition of a dedicated SBAS/GNSS receiver like the 1203C is the simplest and most cost-effective way to achieve mandate compliance.
- Dutch EMS operator picks P&W engines for new H135s
- Possible US Foreign Military Sale to the UK
- Airbus to showcase H135 as future Navy helicopter
- Dart signs new AMC during Helitech 2018
- Visit Bell at #IACP2018
- New helicopter hoist will help rescue injured firefighters in Nevada
- Bell and Yamato announce collaboration
- Leonardo congratulates the Royal Malaysian Navy on reaching a milestone
- Dart receives EASA certification for EC130/H130 Cable Cutter System
- Enstrom announces 280FX Sale at Helitech 2018
- 1st H125 delivered with BLR FastFin kit
- Dart opens new service center in Amsterdam
- HeliOffshore held the 2nd in a series of Human Hazard Analysis workshops
- Avic ready to export Z-19 attack helicopter
- CH-53K running short of crucial part
- Te Anau Retains Helicopter Base
- Airbus to showcase at Euronaval
- Portuguese Air Force orders 5 AW119Kx
- Helitech to change name as expo adapts to changing market
- Kopter announces new distributor for the Nordic countries