On Friday, July 27, 2018, at 1:00 PM, Chief Eddie Garcia will unveil “Air3,” a new Airbus H125 helicopter to replace the current Air2 helicopter. Air3 will provide greater safety for officers and the community with its modern capabilities.
The Airbus H125 helicopter is one of the most commonly operated single engine helicopters in law enforcement and has an exceptional safety record. It has increased passenger capacity with the ability to accommodate six occupants as opposed to the previous three person capacity.
Air3 will assist units on the ground for a variety of situations, which include supporting patrol officers on routine calls for service, responding to priority events such as vehicle pursuits, and searching for armed suspects and missing persons. Air3 also provides a visible and psychological deterrent to law violators while it patrols the City through the air. Air3 is a critical asset for specialized units working special events or conducting tactical operations where aerial views provide enhanced situational awareness for personnel managing the events.
Air3 will land for media viewing in front of the San Jose Police Department, located at 201 W. Mission St. in San Jose.
- Jhonlin Air Transport to add Airbus H145
- Cooper 2 joins life-saving Air Medical Transport Service
- DHART expands its reach
- Bell 525 completes hot weather testing
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance fly 8,000th Mission
- Bell Announces the Delivery of Bell 429s to Jamaica Defence Force
- Egypt Receives new Ka-52 Alligator Helicopters
- Nepal to clamp down on helicopter rescue insurance scams
- Sonoma County Sheriff unveils new helicopter
- Wales Air Ambulance takes over Cardiff HP lease
- Japan resumes talks with local government on V-22 deployment
- Babcock takes delivery of another new S92
- AVIC AC312E Passes Stability Test
- LOTN completes overhaul of first Afghan Mi-17V-5
- Bell Boeing Joint Program awarded $74M contract for V-22 Repairs
- Bergen H225 Final Accident Report : Comprehensive and Worrying
- New Zealand orders NH90 flight training device from CAE
- Maverick Helicopters has expanded operations to Hawaii’s Kauai
- CHC and Sikorsky Sending Students to Safety & Quality Summit
- Aerometals Receives FAA STC Approval for Airbus H130 IBF System