Precise Flight, Inc. has announced that the Pulselite® Bird Strike Prevention System has been granted foreign validation from the European Aviation Safety Administration (EASA) and the Civil Aviation Administration of China (CAAC) for Bell 407 aircraft.
The Pulselite® System is an FAA certified lightweight electrical system controller that alternately pulses the landing and auxiliary lights of a helicopter, thereby increasing its visibility and reflecting the speed and directional movement of the aircraft. In addition to enhancing the margin of safety by increasing aircraft recognition, the Pulselite® System has been proven to significantly reduce bird strikes. The Pulselite® System is certified for all major rotorcraft models through the Federal Aviation Administration.
The recent exponential growth in global bird populations, combined with the increase in global air traffic, has caused bird strikes to become a primary safety threat and financial burden to rotorcraft operators.
“The Pulselite® System is installed on more than 25,000 aircraft around the world, and continues to be the gold standard for aircraft recognition and bird strike reduction,” said Doug La Placa, Chief Executive Officer of Precise Flight, Inc. “The Bell 407 is one of the most successful and prestigious programs in the global rotorcraft industry, and Precise Flight is honored to offer the Pulselite® System to Bell’s customers in the fastest growing rotorcraft markets.”
- Kopter announces new distributor for the Nordic countries
- CHC Australia Announces Australian Apprentices
- Competitive boost and enhanced operational capabilities for H145
- MRO software providers team up with Airbus
- SAF expands fleet
- Bell launches certified training facilities
- Waypoint Delivers One H145 Helicopter to Los Andes
- Leonardo expands helicopter maintenance and repair services in Europe
- EuroTec Gains Approval for EC130/H130 Main Battery Kit
- DRF Luftrettung to expand its H145 fleet
- New extended Support-By-the-Hour range
- Royal Dutch Touring Club ANWB and Airbus sign for six H135s
- Safran introduces brand-new customer portal
- Helitrans expands H125 fleet
- Specialist Aviation Services ranked ‘Excellent’
- Airbus racer high-speed demonstrator passes preliminary design review milestone
- Kopter announces a first firm order with SAS from Malaysia
- Nearly 550 rotorcraft now sharing data with Airbus
- Heli-One to Install Search and Rescue Cabin Configuration for H225s
- Waypoint Leasing Increases Customer Count