Pratt & Whitney Canada, a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX), announced today at LABACE 2018 that it has appointed its third Designated Maintenance Facility (DMF) in Brazil, Helipark Manutenção Aeronáutica Ltda. Based in Carapicuíba, in São Paulo, this new DMF will service the PT6B-37A, PW206C, PW207D, PW207D1, PW207D2 and PW210A helicopter engines. This new appointment is part of P&WC’s effort to grow its service network in the region and provide cost-effective, customized solutions to increase aircraft availability.
‘’We have built a global footprint and frontline that is second to none; it is this worldwide network that enables us to deliver solutions with the ultimate goal of driving aircraft availability to ensure our operators are always mission-ready,’’ said Satheeshkumar Kumarasingam, vice president, Customer Service, P&WC. “Our new Designated Maintenance Facility is a testament to our commitment to providing exceptional service to our South American helicopter operators along with access to the maintenance, tools, parts and technical expertise to best support their operations.’’
Helipark Manutenção Aeronáutica Ltda. will offer line maintenance support as well as mobile repair team (MRT) field services.
As part of its expanding regional support strategy, P&WC appointed RICO Taxi Aereo Ltda.and ABA Manutenção de Aeronaves Ltda. as Designated Maintenance Facilities in 2017 to support PT6A customers in Brazil as well as local agricultural customers.
P&WC’s extensive support network in the region also includes the P&WC Do Brasil maintenance facility, the Covington Aircraft Engines Inc.’s PT6A Satellite, a P&WC parts distribution centre located in Sorocaba, seven Field Support Representatives (FSRs), and specialized Mobile Repair Teams.
‘’Our service network is about creating local solutions for every customer to drive availability, reduce costs and sustain asset value throughout the entire lifecycle,’’ said Kumarasingam. ‘’We will continue to provide our growing Brazilian customer base with unparalleled support.’’
P&WC will be at LABACE 2018 at booth #2010. Interested operators are invited to drop by the booth to speak with a marketing or customer service representative.
- Sikorsky Awarded $58M Contract for CH-53K Repair
- Royal Thai Air Force expands fleet
- Bell enters Southern African market
- Sikorsky HH-60W in final assembly
- NHV wins Belgian windfarm contract with H145
- HAI Salute to Excellence Deadline Extended
- Boeing Awarded $96M Contract for AH-64, A/MH-6M and H-47 Support
- Cal Fire Crew Awarded for Dangerous Rescue
- Russian Helicopters to display at Africa Aerospace and Defense 2018
- Ramm Aerospace AS350 heater line kits TCCA and FAA approved
- Kenya receives nine AS550C3 Fennecs from UAE
- Harris Awarded $94M contract for CV-22 radio components
- General Electric awarded $18M contract for UH-60 pipe exhausts
- Gozo hospital helicopter inquiry finds no fault
- Royal Saudi Naval Forces launches first MH-60R
- Northrop began flight tests for MQ-8C Fire Scout
- CHC Australia Awarded New Helicopter Services Contract
- Metro delivers H135 to Washington Hospital Center
- US Army conducts first operational test of UH60V Black Hawk
- First Flight turns 30