Saab has received a follow-on order from Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) for the IDAS-2 self-protection suite for the Indian Army’s Dhruv helicopter. The order amounts to approximately MSEK 350.
The order includes the IDAS-2 (Integrated Defensive Aids Suite) and the production will take place at Saab’s facility in Centurion, South Africa. Deliveries will begin during 2019.
“This follow-on order confirms our successful partnership with HAL and further establishes Saab as a local partner to the Indian industry,” says Anders Carp, head of Saab business area Surveillance.
IDAS is designed to provide platform self-protection for rotary and fixed wing aircraft in sophisticated, diverse and dense threat environments. It has achieved outstanding operational success with a growing list of customers in Europe, Asia, Africa and the Middle East. The product is in operational use in many countries on helicopters, commercial transport aircraft as well as fighters.
“The system has a long and successful history with proven capability on many airborne platforms. This order strengthens our position as a supplier of high-tech systems to the Indian Armed forces,” says Trevor Raman, head of Saab Grintek Defence.
- Boeing Awarded $376M Contract for MH-139 Acquisition
- US Air Force selects the MH-139 based on Leonardo AW139
- Schiebel CAMCOPTER® S-100 impresses with flight display
- Boeing MH-139 to Replace US Air Force UH-1N Huey Fleet
- Helibras delivers H225M to the Brazilian Army
- Bell Awarded $48M Contract For V-22 PRGB Right Hand Aircraft Assembly Parts
- Bell Awarded $18M Contract for V-22 Platform Hub Assembly
- Bell Awarded $13M Contract for V-22 Platform Hub Assembly
- Bell Awarded $48M Contract For V-22 PRGB Left Hand Aircraft Assembly Parts
- Kranze Technology Solutions awarded $37M Contract for V-22 Support
- Two Wichita EMS operators partner with hospital for pediatric patient transfer
- Airbus focuses on the wind turbine growth market
- ACH Displays New ACH135 Helionix
- Airbus to start large-scale printing of A350 components
- Air Evac Lifeteam celebrates 20 years at Paragould
- Sikorsky Awarded $58M Contract for CH-53K Repair
- Royal Thai Air Force expands fleet
- Bell enters Southern African market
- Sikorsky HH-60W in final assembly
- NHV wins Belgian windfarm contract with H145