Russian Helicopters (part of Rostec State Corporation) is presenting modernized Mi-35M and Mi-35P attack helicopters for the first time at the International Military-Technical Forum ARMY 2018, which is being held from August 21 through August 26 in Kubinka in the Moscow Region.
Guests and participants of the forum will be able to see the machines at the static exposition of the forum. The helicopters have avionics which have undergone a considerable upgrade, and new military equipment.
“The multi-purpose Mi-24 military-transport helicopter (Mi-35 is its version for export) is the first Russian helicopter designed especially for military operations. Its design is so good that now it is one of the most sought-after machines on the international market, and it has proved its high performance during military operations many times. We expect that the demand for new versions of the helicopter with increased combat capability will be high in many countries,” said Anatoly Serdyukov, Industrial Director, Aviation Cluster of Rostec State Corporation.
The modernized Mi-35P helicopter has the OPS-24N-1L observation-sight system with a third generation matrix long wavelength thermal imager, a TV camera and a laser rangefinder. The new digital flight simulator based on the PKV-8 automatic flight control system will increase the helicopter’s steadiness, and automate piloting to assist a pilot. In addition, a modernized sight and computing system will increase the accuracy of target engagement.
The new Mi-35M helicopter has much more options in terms of equipment. The helicopter can be further upgraded for using Igla-S air-to-air guided missiles and the President-S onboard defense system with a laser station for suppression of infra-red homing heads of man-portable air-defense system missiles. Additional equipment may include VOR/ILS systems and a radio rangefinder for measuring the distance between a helicopter and ground-based beacons.
“The Mi-24/35 helicopters are among the machines most frequently used in military operations all over the world. They have been used during more than 30 wars and military conflicts. With such wide experience, we have managed to perfect this platform, and now we are consistently equipping it with state-of-the-art armaments and avionics. Serial production of the upgraded machines will commence when all the modifications have been tested,” said Andrey Boginsky, CEO, Russian Helicopters.
The Mi-35 military-transport helicopter is designed for destroying armored fighting vehicles and providing fire support for ground troops. It is equipped with modern high-precision weapons and can perform combat missions at any time of day and in all weather conditions. The most important features of the Mi-35 helicopter include its ability to carry personnel with armaments and transport up to three wounded persons from the battlefield, as well as cargo inside the cabin or on an external sling.
- Boeing Awarded $376M Contract for MH-139 Acquisition
- US Air Force selects the MH-139 based on Leonardo AW139
- Schiebel CAMCOPTER® S-100 impresses with flight display
- Boeing MH-139 to Replace US Air Force UH-1N Huey Fleet
- Helibras delivers H225M to the Brazilian Army
- Bell Awarded $48M Contract For V-22 PRGB Right Hand Aircraft Assembly Parts
- Bell Awarded $18M Contract for V-22 Platform Hub Assembly
- Bell Awarded $13M Contract for V-22 Platform Hub Assembly
- Bell Awarded $48M Contract For V-22 PRGB Left Hand Aircraft Assembly Parts
- Kranze Technology Solutions awarded $37M Contract for V-22 Support
- Two Wichita EMS operators partner with hospital for pediatric patient transfer
- Airbus focuses on the wind turbine growth market
- ACH Displays New ACH135 Helionix
- Airbus to start large-scale printing of A350 components
- Air Evac Lifeteam celebrates 20 years at Paragould
- Sikorsky Awarded $58M Contract for CH-53K Repair
- Royal Thai Air Force expands fleet
- Bell enters Southern African market
- Sikorsky HH-60W in final assembly
- NHV wins Belgian windfarm contract with H145