JETcopter – VTOL aviation startup , today announced launch of tests of a new type propulsion system for VTOL aircrafts .
2 centrifugal air turbines in enclosed housings , each 200 cm diameter (6.6 feet ) , will rotate in opposite directions at high RPM to create thrust similar to 11 meters ( 36 feet ) diameter helicopters rotors . Airflow from turbines by air ducts will be diverted to 4 endpoints , where could be vectored at any direction . Such layout , where enclosed rotors housing areas , like airplane wings , will be able to create lifting force and unload rotors in horizontal flights . More compact , enclosed rotors propulsion system could be safer in urban areas , achieved bigger airflow speed could improve performance of next generation VTOL aircrafts . Test purpose is to measure on mobile platform generated airflow parameters – speed , volume , sound at various RPM and to test airflow vectoring possibilities.
Aircrafts with new propulsion system could open a class of new type VTOL aircrafts – copterplanes , efficient VTOL aircrafts , that could be used as air taxis for intra or inter cities routes . New kind , more effective propulsion system with automatic leveling control , instead handy mechanical , could allow pilot VTOL aircraft easier and simpler compared to helicopters . Jetcopter plans to built and lift to the air conceptual VTOL prototype within 18 month .
- Boeing Awarded $376M Contract for MH-139 Acquisition
- US Air Force selects the MH-139 based on Leonardo AW139
- Schiebel CAMCOPTER® S-100 impresses with flight display
- Boeing MH-139 to Replace US Air Force UH-1N Huey Fleet
- Helibras delivers H225M to the Brazilian Army
- Bell Awarded $48M Contract For V-22 PRGB Right Hand Aircraft Assembly Parts
- Bell Awarded $18M Contract for V-22 Platform Hub Assembly
- Bell Awarded $13M Contract for V-22 Platform Hub Assembly
- Bell Awarded $48M Contract For V-22 PRGB Left Hand Aircraft Assembly Parts
- Kranze Technology Solutions awarded $37M Contract for V-22 Support
- Two Wichita EMS operators partner with hospital for pediatric patient transfer
- Airbus focuses on the wind turbine growth market
- ACH Displays New ACH135 Helionix
- Airbus to start large-scale printing of A350 components
- Air Evac Lifeteam celebrates 20 years at Paragould
- Sikorsky Awarded $58M Contract for CH-53K Repair
- Royal Thai Air Force expands fleet
- Bell enters Southern African market
- Sikorsky HH-60W in final assembly
- NHV wins Belgian windfarm contract with H145