JETcopter – VTOL aviation startup , today announced launch of tests of a new type propulsion system for VTOL aircrafts .
2 centrifugal air turbines in enclosed housings , each 200 cm diameter (6.6 feet ) , will rotate in opposite directions at high RPM to create thrust similar to 11 meters ( 36 feet ) diameter helicopters rotors . Airflow from turbines by air ducts will be diverted to 4 endpoints , where could be vectored at any direction . Such layout , where enclosed rotors housing areas , like airplane wings , will be able to create lifting force and unload rotors in horizontal flights . More compact , enclosed rotors propulsion system could be safer in urban areas , achieved bigger airflow speed could improve performance of next generation VTOL aircrafts . Test purpose is to measure on mobile platform generated airflow parameters – speed , volume , sound at various RPM and to test airflow vectoring possibilities.
Aircrafts with new propulsion system could open a class of new type VTOL aircrafts – copterplanes , efficient VTOL aircrafts , that could be used as air taxis for intra or inter cities routes . New kind , more effective propulsion system with automatic leveling control , instead handy mechanical , could allow pilot VTOL aircraft easier and simpler compared to helicopters . Jetcopter plans to built and lift to the air conceptual VTOL prototype within 18 month .
- NEXA Advisors and VFS to Produce Landmark Urban Air Mobility Study
- PAC delivers 3 Upgraded EC135s
- Trials to launch and land Chinooks on RFA Tidesurge
- Thales to set up Chinese training centre with Avicopter
- SGT Wins Contracts to Support US Army Black Hawk
- CHC Continues 50 Years of Service with Point Resources AS
- Appareo expands AML-STC for Stratus ADS-B Out transponders
- AviChina Acquires AVIC
- Bell Reveals V-247 Vigilant
- Airbus Works with HUMS System
- Polish Navy Overhaul Mi-14 SAR
- Airbus to deliver New Zealand’s first HEMS-configured H145s
- Airbus Delivers Upgraded Night Vision to UK police
- Leonardo awarded contract for 22 of the new AW169M
- Bell partners with EPS for eVTOL energy storage
- RSAF Celebrates 20 Years of Training in Oakey
- Washington Redskins owner Dan Snyder buys an AW169
- UK AAIB Bulletin – November 2018
- CEO retires as Bristow announce acquisition of Columbia Helicopters
- CHC adds apprentice engineers in UK