EASA’s Annual Safety Conference ‘A Vision for the Future of General Aviation’ (6-8 Nov 2018 in Vienna/Austria) on safer, simpler and more affordable flying introduces the new era of innovation and sharing of airspace, flights in General Aviation
The conference will launch a new European GA strategy focusing on safer, simpler and more affordable flying, with panels on innovation, safe and more affordable aircraft as well as the sharing of flights but also airspace.
H55 Founder & Executive Chairman André Borschberg, who holds the world record for the highest solar-powered flights as well as the longest solo flight in an airplane of any kind, will attend as a keynote speaker and panellist.
A substantial range of European GA manufacturers, developers of hybrid and solar-powered aircraft but also of air taxis and other UAV, cost-sharing platforms as well as GA associations and policy representatives will participate in this key conference on the future of European General Aviation which takes place in Vienna coinciding with Austria’s presidency of the Council of the EU.
In 2014 the Rome Conference on General Aviation marked the onset of improved cooperation with GA community which led to notable and successful results
EASA first reached out directly to the European GA community at its first conference on General Aviation which took place 4 years ago in Rome. The Rome Conference led to an engaging GA strategy and greatly improved cooperation and communication between EASA and the European GA community.
After considerable progress has been made in the past years to strengthen GA, such as simpler and lighter rules for declared training organisations, balloon operations, introduction of standard changes and repairs and the re-written CS-23 rules, the 2018 Annual Safety Conference will look towards the future of GA. The new European GA strategy is taking off with the recently adopted update of the aviation safety rules for Europe, also known as the Basic Regulation which provides additional flexibility for regulating GA.
- JETcopter finalizes 7-seat flying car design
- Russian Helicopters presents in Cambodia
- Sikorsky donates to Patient AirLift Services
- Which US Helicopter Industries Have the Best and the Worst Accident Records?
- Edmonton Police contracts for Safran engine program
- IAR and Airbus Sign H215M Definitive Collaborative Agreement
- New Boeing AH-64E Block 2 Compound
- New Russian High-Speed Helicopter
- H145 Warranty engine extension
- Russian Helicopters sign contract for the supply of 20 Ansats to China
- Joint Venture launches H145 simulator in Norway
- Rockwell Collins awarded five-year US Army contract
- HAI names Director of Safety
- Telephonics AN/ZPY-4 will be used on the MQ-8B Fire Scout
- Canadian Coast Guard donates surplus Bo105s for technical training
- Skyhunter acquires 200K acres for helicopter hog hunting
- Annapurna Helicopter received approval from CAAN, Mustang to receive NOC in a few days
- Parker-Hannifin Awarded $39M Contract for HH-60 Spare Stock Number Items
- Ansat and Mi-171A2 helicopters begin a demonstration tour
- First Zulus arrive at MCAS Cherry Point