Helibras delivered the 31st H225M to the Brazilian Air Force. The aircraft will be under the command of the Puma Squadron (3rd / 8th GAV), in Rio de Janeiro (RJ), and will increase the squadron’s operational capacity by assisting the FAB missions.
The aircraft is the first of the FAB to rely on the Spectrolab Searchlight, a high-capacity search light that is also compatible with night vision equipment, better known as NVG (Night Vision Goggles). This year, at least two more deliveries of the model for the Armed Forces are still planned.
The H225M of the Armed Forces are manufactured in Itajubá since the inauguration of the company’s new production line in 2012. The delivery is part of the contract signed in 2008 with the Federal Government to supply 50 H225M helicopters for the three Armed Forces.
- Airbus to deliver New Zealand’s first HEMS-configured H145s
- Airbus Delivers Upgraded Night Vision to UK police
- Leonardo awarded contract for 22 of the new AW169M
- Bell partners with EPS for eVTOL energy storage
- RSAF Celebrates 20 Years of Training in Oakey
- Washington Redskins owner Dan Snyder buys an AW169
- UK AAIB Bulletin – November 2018
- CEO retires as Bristow announce acquisition of Columbia Helicopters
- CHC adds apprentice engineers in UK
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance appoints new Trustees
- Vision for the future of General Aviation
- Speculative Scottish windfarm heliport plans approved
- Russian Helicopters delivers two Mi-172
- Genaire expands fuel cell repair capabilities to include Bell 412 and 214
- Russian Helicopters successfully tests Ansat
- IHST: Making Life & Death Decisions: A Case Study of a Fatal Helicopter Accident
- STARS wins international competition
- Leonardo sells 15 AW139s into China, with 160 to follow
- APSA seeks nominees for Board of Directors
- China and Russia ready to sign on heavy-lift helicopter