Milestone Aviation Group Limited (“Milestone”), a GECAS company and the global leader in helicopter leasing, and Airbus Helicopters announced today they will provide five H145s to Aramco Overseas Company, a subsidiary of Saudi Aramco, a fully integrated, global petroleum and chemicals enterprise.
The five aircraft are sourced from Milestone’s orderbook with Airbus and are expected to be delivered to Aramco over the next twelve months. This latest lease commitment of five light-twin aircraft will be in addition to the 24 medium aircraft Milestone currently has contracted on lease to Aramco.
“Aramco’s trust in Milestone’s ability to deliver certainty of execution — coupled with our financial and technical capabilities — is greatly appreciated by our team.” said Milestone President & CEO Daniel Rosenthal. “We take pride in the fact that our long-term partnership approach to further assist Aramco with the introduction into service of their comprehensive medium and light-twin fleet renewal program now places Aramco as one of Milestone’s largest global customers.”
“We are pleased that Aramco has selected the H145 for its light-twin fleet renewal program in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, which is a key and historic partner for Airbus and home to our subsidiary in the region,” said Airbus Helicopters CEO Bruno Even. “We also thank Milestone for enabling the introduction of the H145 to a new operator through their long-standing relationship with Aramco and their existing orderbook with Airbus. The H145’s proven technologies, availability, and cabin versatility are the perfect tools to meet Aramco’s demanding requirements as a global leader in oil and gas.”
Compact in size, the H145 is the aircraft of choice for high intensity operations such as offshore oil and gas transport thanks to its large and flexible cabin, lowest maintenance costs in its class, powerful engines and Helionix digital avionics suite. More than 200 H145s have been delivered to date and have collectively achieved more than 100,000 flight hours since 2015.
- JETcopter finalizes 7-seat flying car design
- Russian Helicopters presents in Cambodia
- Sikorsky donates to Patient AirLift Services
- Which US Helicopter Industries Have the Best and the Worst Accident Records?
- Edmonton Police contracts for Safran engine program
- IAR and Airbus Sign H215M Definitive Collaborative Agreement
- New Boeing AH-64E Block 2 Compound
- New Russian High-Speed Helicopter
- H145 Warranty engine extension
- Russian Helicopters sign contract for the supply of 20 Ansats to China
- Joint Venture launches H145 simulator in Norway
- Rockwell Collins awarded five-year US Army contract
- HAI names Director of Safety
- Telephonics AN/ZPY-4 will be used on the MQ-8B Fire Scout
- Canadian Coast Guard donates surplus Bo105s for technical training
- Skyhunter acquires 200K acres for helicopter hog hunting
- Annapurna Helicopter received approval from CAAN, Mustang to receive NOC in a few days
- Parker-Hannifin Awarded $39M Contract for HH-60 Spare Stock Number Items
- Ansat and Mi-171A2 helicopters begin a demonstration tour
- First Zulus arrive at MCAS Cherry Point