CHC Helicopter has been awarded a ground-breaking helicopter services contract by Woodside and other operators in the North West Shelf and North West Cape regions, providing passenger transfer flights, medical evacuation and search and rescue services for four customers from bases in Australia’s Pilbara region.
The contract will commence in July 2019 and will provide more than 10 daily flights for Woodside, Jadestone Energy, Vermilion Energy and BHP as part of a shared service from bases at Karratha, Learmonth and Onslow Airports.
“CHC has provided services to customers in the North West Shelf since March 2011 and we are honoured to be part of this innovation in passenger transfer services in Australia,” said Karl Fessenden, President and CEO of CHC Helicopter. “I would like to thank Woodside and other operators in the region for putting their trust in CHC to deliver the largest shared aviation service model in Australia’s offshore oil and gas industry.”
The five-year contract also has two two-year extensions. CHC is expecting to fly more than 100,000 passengers a year safely to and from their place of work, with Woodside set to utilise the majority of flight capacity CHC’s team will fly and maintain two AW139 medium helicopters and two AW189 super medium helicopters to support the service.
CHC has committed to supporting local and Aboriginal employment and training with apprenticeship opportunities available to the local community over the period of the contract and all other roles to be filled by local employees, where possible.
- Airbus to showcase at Euronaval
- Portuguese Air Force orders 5 AW119Kx
- Helitech to change name as expo adapts to changing market
- Kopter announces new distributor for the Nordic countries
- CHC Australia Announces Australian Apprentices
- Competitive boost and enhanced operational capabilities for H145
- MRO software providers team up with Airbus
- SAF expands fleet
- Bell launches certified training facilities
- Waypoint Delivers One H145 Helicopter to Los Andes
- Leonardo expands helicopter maintenance and repair services in Europe
- EuroTec Gains Approval for EC130/H130 Main Battery Kit
- DRF Luftrettung to expand its H145 fleet
- New extended Support-By-the-Hour range
- Royal Dutch Touring Club ANWB and Airbus sign for six H135s
- Safran introduces brand-new customer portal
- Helitrans expands H125 fleet
- Specialist Aviation Services ranked ‘Excellent’
- Airbus racer high-speed demonstrator passes preliminary design review milestone
- Kopter announces a first firm order with SAS from Malaysia