Metro Aviation recently delivered an H135 to Washington Hospital Center’s MedSTAR Transport program.
The hospital partnered with Metro Aviation to customize the aircraft at Metro’s completion center in Shreveport, La. The H135 features a standard medical interior including various specialty add-ons including a Cardiosave mount for hemodynamic support and Outerlink’s IRIS – a system for satellite tracking, push-to-talk radio, flight data monitoring and voice and video recording.
“We’re excited to get a newer aircraft. It’s the first design to secure our ventilator system,” said Heather Stamey, Assistant Executive Director of MedStar Transport. “We really enjoyed the whole project and can’t say enough about the customer service at Metro Aviation.”
This aircraft joins MedStar Transport’s fleet of four existing air medical helicopters, which aid in the transport of approximately 10,000 patients a year.
- Avic ready to export Z-19 attack helicopter
- CH-53K running short of crucial part
- Te Anau Retains Helicopter Base
- Airbus to showcase at Euronaval
- Portuguese Air Force orders 5 AW119Kx
- Helitech to change name as expo adapts to changing market
- Kopter announces new distributor for the Nordic countries
- CHC Australia Announces Australian Apprentices
- Competitive boost and enhanced operational capabilities for H145
- MRO software providers team up with Airbus
- SAF expands fleet
- Bell launches certified training facilities
- Waypoint Delivers One H145 Helicopter to Los Andes
- Leonardo expands helicopter maintenance and repair services in Europe
- EuroTec Gains Approval for EC130/H130 Main Battery Kit
- DRF Luftrettung to expand its H145 fleet
- New extended Support-By-the-Hour range
- Royal Dutch Touring Club ANWB and Airbus sign for six H135s
- Safran introduces brand-new customer portal
- Helitrans expands H125 fleet