This week, National Airways Corporation (NAC) celebrated the entry into market of Bell’s newest commercial aircraft, the Bell 505 Jet Ranger X. Guests were invited to attend an exclusive unveiling event organized at the NAC Lanseria airport facility in South Africa showcasing a pair of Bell 505 Jet Ranger X helicopters recently delivered to a couple, who are both pilots.
“We were delighted to be able to expose the Bell 505 to our customers and industry partners, and the helicopter was extremely well received by everybody who attended” said Gary Phillips, NAC’s Executive Director, Helicopter Division. “The spacious cabin and advanced systems were the features which seemed to attract the most comments. We look forward to seeing many more in the Southern African skies in the near future”.
“The Bell 505 Jet Ranger X continues its international success story and has been exceeding customer expectations,” said Sameer Rehman, Bell, Managing Director for the Middle East and Africa. “Bell has a long standing history in South Africa through our embedded support network and we are excited to build on our legacy by bringing this new aircraft to market. South Africa is a key market for light helicopters and the Bell 505 is perfectly suited to support the growth of general aviation and the parapublic sector.”
As one of Bell’s most in demand commercial aircraft in the world, the five-seater was designed through customer collaboration to ensure both pilot and passenger receive a safe, smooth and enjoyable experience. To guarantee efficient and reliable performance, the design consists of proven dynamic components, advanced aerodynamic design, a dual channel FADEC Turbomeca Arrius 2R engine and best-in-class value.
- Avic ready to export Z-19 attack helicopter
- CH-53K running short of crucial part
- Te Anau Retains Helicopter Base
- Airbus to showcase at Euronaval
- Portuguese Air Force orders 5 AW119Kx
- Helitech to change name as expo adapts to changing market
- Kopter announces new distributor for the Nordic countries
- CHC Australia Announces Australian Apprentices
- Competitive boost and enhanced operational capabilities for H145
- MRO software providers team up with Airbus
- SAF expands fleet
- Bell launches certified training facilities
- Waypoint Delivers One H145 Helicopter to Los Andes
- Leonardo expands helicopter maintenance and repair services in Europe
- EuroTec Gains Approval for EC130/H130 Main Battery Kit
- DRF Luftrettung to expand its H145 fleet
- New extended Support-By-the-Hour range
- Royal Dutch Touring Club ANWB and Airbus sign for six H135s
- Safran introduces brand-new customer portal
- Helitrans expands H125 fleet