Schiebel’s market-leading CAMCOPTER® S-100 Unmanned Air Systems (UAS) entertained an international audience with a flight display at the prestigious Red Bull Air Race in Wiener Neustadt, Austria.
The Red Bull Air Race returned to its Austrian roots for the sixth race of the season and teamed up with Schiebel in Wiener Neustadt, a city with rich aeronautical history and home to the CAMCOPTER® S-100 production facility. As the market leader for Vertical Take-Off and Landing (VTOL) UAS, Schiebel was a perfect sponsor and partner for the globally renowned Red Bull Air Race World Championship.
“The history of our company is strongly connected to the location of Wiener Neustadt and we are excited to be partnered with Red Bull Air Race 2018,” said Hannes Hecher, CEO of Schiebel. “This presents a wonderful opportunitiy to bring together unmanned and manned aviation and give the audience a taste of the expertise and vision represented by the two sectors.”
The CAMCOPTER® S-100 had two starting slots per race day. In addition to an impressive flight display, it also provided the audience with a breathtaking aerial overview of the venue, which was simultaneously broadcasted on big screens. A wide range of exciting side acts rounded off the entertainment program.
- Nepalese Army takes delivery of AW139
- Simrik Air receives H125 from Airbus Helicopter Southeast Asia
- Newly debuted Helicopter Society of Nepal meets the Tourism Minister
- Croatia to Receive UH-60M Donation
- Life Link III passes 15000 hours on AW119Kx fleet
- Heli-One Completes Universal Avionics Flight Deck Upgrade For S-76
- PHi extends previously-announced cash tender offer
- Airmedic signs purchase agreement
- Metro sparks new era of helicopter safety at AMTC 2018
- HeliOps take ownership of the SeaKing Simulator
- CHC Opens New Search and Rescue Facility in Dublin
- Kopter appoints Air Medical Sales Specialist for North American market
- Business Aviation Survey: Hiring Demand On the Rise
- Airbus at AMTC 2018
- Kopter at AMTC 2018
- Leonardo at AMTC 2018
- Dutch EMS operator picks P&W engines for new H135s
- Possible US Foreign Military Sale to the UK
- Airbus to showcase H135 as future Navy helicopter
- Dart signs new AMC during Helitech 2018