Leonardo announced that test pilot Dan Wells has been named Fellow by The Society of Experimental Test Pilots (SETP), an honor that recognizes Wells’ more than three decades of piloting and 7,200 flight hours. The award was announced on Saturday, September 29 at SETP’s 62nd Annual Symposium & Banquet in Anaheim, California.
An international organization that seeks to promote air safety, The Society of Experimental Test Pilots also contributes to aeronautical advancement by promoting sound design and development, assisting in the professional development of experimental pilots, and providing scholarships and aid to members and the families of deceased members.
Less than 10% of SETP’s members are Fellows, the most prestigious rank offered by the organization. Selection typically means the member has not only made test piloting their career but has also achieved distinction amongst their peers.
Wells started his Army career in 1982 flying AH-1 Cobras and OV-1D Mohawks. A Navy Test Pilot School graduate, he served in Army flight test until 1998, later joining Army Special Ops in Operation IRAQI FREEDOM.
Retiring from the Army after 26 years of service in 2008, Wells went to work for Boeing flying the C-130 Avionics Modernization Program, the MH-47G Chinook and the X-48 research aircraft. He joined the AW-609 TiltRotor program in 2011, which he continues flying today.
- Nepalese Army takes delivery of AW139
- Simrik Air receives H125 from Airbus Helicopter Southeast Asia
- Newly debuted Helicopter Society of Nepal meets the Tourism Minister
- Croatia to Receive UH-60M Donation
- Life Link III passes 15000 hours on AW119Kx fleet
- Heli-One Completes Universal Avionics Flight Deck Upgrade For S-76
- PHi extends previously-announced cash tender offer
- Airmedic signs purchase agreement
- Metro sparks new era of helicopter safety at AMTC 2018
- HeliOps take ownership of the SeaKing Simulator
- CHC Opens New Search and Rescue Facility in Dublin
- Kopter appoints Air Medical Sales Specialist for North American market
- Business Aviation Survey: Hiring Demand On the Rise
- Airbus at AMTC 2018
- Kopter at AMTC 2018
- Leonardo at AMTC 2018
- Dutch EMS operator picks P&W engines for new H135s
- Possible US Foreign Military Sale to the UK
- Airbus to showcase H135 as future Navy helicopter
- Dart signs new AMC during Helitech 2018