Leonardo announced at the Air Medical Transport Conference in Phoenix, Arizona that EMS provider Life Link III has logged over 15,000 flight hours and transported over 8,000 patients with their fleet of 10 Leonardo AW119Kx helicopters.
Operating eight helicopter bases in Minnesota and Wisconsin, Life Link III is the largest hospital-based non-profit consortium program in the United States with ten member-owners. Life Link III’s AW119Kxs function as flying Intensive Care Units (ICUs) providing emergency pre-hospital care for patients often in critical condition.
The AW119Kx has met high standards of operational requirements and availability since the first aircraft was delivered to Life Link III in early 2014. Configuration includes advanced glass cockpit and night vision goggle (NVG) capabilities.
Leonardo continues to grow their presence in the North American EMS helicopter market which now totals more than 110 across a fleet of AW119s, AW109s, and AW139s.
- JETcopter finalizes 7-seat flying car design
- Russian Helicopters presents in Cambodia
- Sikorsky donates to Patient AirLift Services
- Which US Helicopter Industries Have the Best and the Worst Accident Records?
- Edmonton Police contracts for Safran engine program
- IAR and Airbus Sign H215M Definitive Collaborative Agreement
- New Boeing AH-64E Block 2 Compound
- New Russian High-Speed Helicopter
- H145 Warranty engine extension
- Russian Helicopters sign contract for the supply of 20 Ansats to China
- Joint Venture launches H145 simulator in Norway
- Rockwell Collins awarded five-year US Army contract
- HAI names Director of Safety
- Telephonics AN/ZPY-4 will be used on the MQ-8B Fire Scout
- Canadian Coast Guard donates surplus Bo105s for technical training
- Skyhunter acquires 200K acres for helicopter hog hunting
- Annapurna Helicopter received approval from CAAN, Mustang to receive NOC in a few days
- Parker-Hannifin Awarded $39M Contract for HH-60 Spare Stock Number Items
- Ansat and Mi-171A2 helicopters begin a demonstration tour
- First Zulus arrive at MCAS Cherry Point