Newly formed association of Helicopter companies of Nepal ‘Helicopter society of Nepal’ have made an official meeting with honorable Tourism Minister (MoCTCA) Rabindra Adhikari to explain about its importance and need on Sunday, 14th of October.
Director of the association Captain Rameshwor Thapa explained about the association to the minister along with other high level delegates of the ministry couple of days before. He explained about need for establishment of the association and its activities. He also added about current situation and difficulties faced by helicopter companies.
The society stated that the government should give importance to contribution made by the helicopter companies during various uncertain situation and casualties and they also expressed commitment to increase air safety and co-operate with government bodies.
The society also explained about use of helicopters in tourism field along with problems and challenges faced during various course of time. He also indicated about fake rescue scam and unwanted suspension over various helicopter operators for different incidents and worried that it might provide negative influence internationally.
Minister also responded that it’s his responsibility over helicopter and aviation industry and will coordinate with helicopter and other tourism industry and urged helicopter companies to work for welfare and development of economy in the country.
Couple of weeks ago, helicopter operators established their own association after having themselves separated themselves from Airlines Operators Association of Nepal (AOAN) to form new association ‘Helicopter Society of Nepal’ following lack of initiation from AOAN to resolve fake rescue case.
Reproduced from Aviation Nepal with permission. This is NOT a press release. HeliHub.com has an exclusive agreement with Aviation Nepal which allows us to reproduce helicopter news which they publish. Copyright and full responsibility for the content of this article remains with Aviation Nepal.
- JETcopter finalizes 7-seat flying car design
- Russian Helicopters presents in Cambodia
- Sikorsky donates to Patient AirLift Services
- Which US Helicopter Industries Have the Best and the Worst Accident Records?
- Edmonton Police contracts for Safran engine program
- IAR and Airbus Sign H215M Definitive Collaborative Agreement
- New Boeing AH-64E Block 2 Compound
- New Russian High-Speed Helicopter
- H145 Warranty engine extension
- Russian Helicopters sign contract for the supply of 20 Ansats to China
- Joint Venture launches H145 simulator in Norway
- Rockwell Collins awarded five-year US Army contract
- HAI names Director of Safety
- Telephonics AN/ZPY-4 will be used on the MQ-8B Fire Scout
- Canadian Coast Guard donates surplus Bo105s for technical training
- Skyhunter acquires 200K acres for helicopter hog hunting
- Annapurna Helicopter received approval from CAAN, Mustang to receive NOC in a few days
- Parker-Hannifin Awarded $39M Contract for HH-60 Spare Stock Number Items
- Ansat and Mi-171A2 helicopters begin a demonstration tour
- First Zulus arrive at MCAS Cherry Point