Leonardo announced at the Air Medical Transport Conference in Phoenix, Arizona that EMS operator Life Flight Network has logged over 40,000 flight hours with its fleet of 21 Leonardo AW119Kx helicopters.
Life Flight Network is the largest air ambulance not-for-profit in the United States with a service area that includes Oregon, Washington, Idaho, and Montana. Life Flight Network’s AW119Kx fleet acts as mobile Intensive Care Units (ICUs) providing emergency medical attention to patients often in critical condition.
Life Flight Network was the launch customer for the glass-cockpit outfitted AW119Kx in 2013, a feature that has contributed to the strength and success of the aircraft. Each Life Flight Network AW119Kx is equipped with a state-of-the-art Garmin G-1000H cockpit, Night Vision Goggle capability, satellite weather, and the capacity to transport two patients or a specialty team, with unencumbered full-body access.
Life Flight Network’s helicopter fleet also includes one AW109 Power. Life Flight Network is a celebrated part of Leonardo’s expanding presence in the North American EMS market which now totals 110 across a fleet of AW119s, AW109s, and AW139s with the new generation AW169 type expected to join the other models soon.
- JETcopter finalizes 7-seat flying car design
- Russian Helicopters presents in Cambodia
- Sikorsky donates to Patient AirLift Services
- Which US Helicopter Industries Have the Best and the Worst Accident Records?
- Edmonton Police contracts for Safran engine program
- IAR and Airbus Sign H215M Definitive Collaborative Agreement
- New Boeing AH-64E Block 2 Compound
- New Russian High-Speed Helicopter
- H145 Warranty engine extension
- Russian Helicopters sign contract for the supply of 20 Ansats to China
- Joint Venture launches H145 simulator in Norway
- Rockwell Collins awarded five-year US Army contract
- HAI names Director of Safety
- Telephonics AN/ZPY-4 will be used on the MQ-8B Fire Scout
- Canadian Coast Guard donates surplus Bo105s for technical training
- Skyhunter acquires 200K acres for helicopter hog hunting
- Annapurna Helicopter received approval from CAAN, Mustang to receive NOC in a few days
- Parker-Hannifin Awarded $39M Contract for HH-60 Spare Stock Number Items
- Ansat and Mi-171A2 helicopters begin a demonstration tour
- First Zulus arrive at MCAS Cherry Point