Airbus Helicopters delivered the first two H135 helicopters with Helionix in police configuration to its Brazilian customer Ciopaer. The two delivered helicopters will be used to reinforce public security in Ceará State, as well as providing support for aeromedical operations in other regions of the state. Ciopaer’s fleet already includes two AS350s and four twin-engine helicopters of the H135 and the H145 family.
“The pilot’s workload is facilitated by the stability of the aircraft, which helps to maintain a constant altitude,” said Ciopaer’s Lieutenant Colonel Marcus Costa. “It can transport two pilots and five crewmembers, has flight autonomy of more than three hours and has special equipment such as a searchlight, electric winch, rescue kit and infrared camera.”
“These deliveries strengthen our partnership with the Government of Ceará and increases Ciopaer’s twin engine Airbus fleet, demonstrating the excellent cost-benefit of these models. We appreciate Ciopaer’s confidence in our products and services,” said Richard Marelli, CEO of Helibras.
On top of the 4-axis autopilot, Helionix offers an innovative cockpit layout which helps to increase situational awareness. Designed with up to three large electronic displays on the H135, the cockpit is Night Vision Goggle compatible and includes a First Limit Indicator which highlights the appropriate engine instrument data for the pilot in one indicator.
The H135 family of helicopters are used by police forces all around the world, with more than 200 helicopters in-service in this segment. In addition to law enforcement, the H135 performs a wide range of missions including Emergency Medical Services (EMS), corporate transport and military training.
To date, more than 1,270 helicopters of the H135 family are in operation around the globe with more than 4.7 million flight hours.
- JETcopter finalizes 7-seat flying car design
- Russian Helicopters presents in Cambodia
- Sikorsky donates to Patient AirLift Services
- Which US Helicopter Industries Have the Best and the Worst Accident Records?
- Edmonton Police contracts for Safran engine program
- IAR and Airbus Sign H215M Definitive Collaborative Agreement
- New Boeing AH-64E Block 2 Compound
- New Russian High-Speed Helicopter
- H145 Warranty engine extension
- Russian Helicopters sign contract for the supply of 20 Ansats to China
- Joint Venture launches H145 simulator in Norway
- Rockwell Collins awarded five-year US Army contract
- HAI names Director of Safety
- Telephonics AN/ZPY-4 will be used on the MQ-8B Fire Scout
- Canadian Coast Guard donates surplus Bo105s for technical training
- Skyhunter acquires 200K acres for helicopter hog hunting
- Annapurna Helicopter received approval from CAAN, Mustang to receive NOC in a few days
- Parker-Hannifin Awarded $39M Contract for HH-60 Spare Stock Number Items
- Ansat and Mi-171A2 helicopters begin a demonstration tour
- First Zulus arrive at MCAS Cherry Point