We welcome news items on HeliHub.com – as you likely know from looking through our website. Here are some guidelines if your organisation does not already routinely submit press releases to HeliHub.com
How to submit news items
- Send your press releases by email to [email protected]
- Send details of your website news RSS feed to [email protected]
- Before big events, send your press releases in the days ahead and state the date, time and timezone that the story is under embargo. We will then be able to load the story into our system ahead of the event (and the rush of many other stories) and ensure the story goes live exactly when you want. Often this would be timed to coincide with a press launch at the event itself.
What to send – The words
- Press release text should ideally be in the body of the email, or attached in Word format.
- NOTE: PDF format is not ideal as there is an enforced delay in extracting the text from the PDF document into a format we can use. Some methods of creating PDF format add a <Carriage Return> character at the end of every line, which adds to our work reformatting back into paragraphs.
- NOTE: If you send press releases in multiple languages (yes, a few organisations already do this), have them as separate attached files. When we work with non-English texts, we use software to automatically translate to English – so if you send it to us in English and French in a single document, our software translates the French and we end up with two versions in English – and it takes time to then work out which is original English and which is translated from French.
What to send – The images
- JPG Images should be minimum 2048 pixels wide. Any smaller than that and we are not going to represent your news images very well – and we are sure you want us to represent your organisation in the best way we can. It is worth considering that some organisations now routinely send us images over 5,000 pixels wide, and if an iPhone 6 can produce something over 3,000 pixels wide, why do so many people waste time with an image 1024 pixels wide, or smaller?
- NOTE: images sent embedded into a Word or PDF document are less helpful. not only does it take time to extract them from these documents, but it can also mean that clarity is lost in doing so due to the way PDFs are created. Original JPG images are perfect
- NOTE: sending images in a ZIP file is a waste of your time – JPG is already a compressed format, so the saving in putting images into a ZIP is negligible
Tips to help us help you
- A gallery page of high quality large images (see above) on your website is great help and we will often use more than one image per story (yes, we know that some of our competitors avoid using images altogether!)
- A high quality (minimum 1024 pixel width) corporate logo in JPG format is also most useful
- No ZIP files
- No PDF files
FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions
- Do you really work by Embargo date/time/timezones? Absolutely – but we are aware of competitors of ours who ignore embargoes, so we understand your concern in raising this question.
- Can we request a HeliHub.com interview? Yes – we can do face-to-face interviews, or by phone, Skype, Facetime or at an event we are attending
- Do you run profiles of organisations which have been published elsewhere? Yes, but we only run a one sentence summary and a link to the external published profile. This is due to Copyright restrictions.
- Do you accept press releases in languages other than English? Of course, but be aware that we do not have an army of translators, so we routinely use a respected online translator and add an “Electronic translation” note at the start of the news item
- East Anglian Air Ambulance appoints new Board of Trustees member
- H145 is best in class for hoist operations
- Uganda Wildlife Authority Has Budget for One Helicopter and One Fixed Wing
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Board Member
- New Air Ambulance Helicopter Arrives for South Wales
- Cornwall Air Ambulance celebrating 30 years of saving lives
- American Securities Completes Acquisition of Air Methods
- East Anglian Air Ambulance sells Ferrari for £530,000
- Airbus congratulates Bangkok Helicopter Services for 10 Years of EMS Ops
- Negotiations for Stat MedEvac Housing at Clearfield-Lawrence Airport
- Sanford AirMed Stationed at Fargo Hospital
- Tender Issued for EMS Helicopter to Support Baltic Wind Farms
- CoxHealth adds refurbished MD Explorer
- East Anglian Air Ambulance says goodbye to one of its founding members
- Frasca Sells H125 Flight Simulator to Aero Asahi
- BAT Trainer Modernizes Helicopter Simulator Flying
- FAA to Hold Airspace Workshops in Las Vegas
- DART Aerospace to exhibit at FAMEX 2017
- Heritage Aviation expands its fleet with two new Airbus H130 helicopters
- FAA approves Onboard Systems MD500 Hooks with Surefire Release