We welcome news items on HeliHub.com – as you likely know from looking through our website. Here are some guidelines if your organisation does not already routinely submit press releases to HeliHub.com
How to submit news items
- Send your press releases by email to [email protected]
- Send details of your website news RSS feed to [email protected]
- Before big events, send your press releases in the days ahead and state the date, time and timezone that the story is under embargo. We will then be able to load the story into our system ahead of the event (and the rush of many other stories) and ensure the story goes live exactly when you want. Often this would be timed to coincide with a press launch at the event itself.
What to send – The words
- Press release text should ideally be in the body of the email, or attached in Word format.
- NOTE: PDF format is not ideal as there is an enforced delay in extracting the text from the PDF document into a format we can use. Some methods of creating PDF format add a <Carriage Return> character at the end of every line, which adds to our work reformatting back into paragraphs.
- NOTE: If you send press releases in multiple languages (yes, a few organisations already do this), have them as separate attached files. When we work with non-English texts, we use software to automatically translate to English – so if you send it to us in English and French in a single document, our software translates the French and we end up with two versions in English – and it takes time to then work out which is original English and which is translated from French.
What to send – The images
- JPG Images should be minimum 2048 pixels wide. Any smaller than that and we are not going to represent your news images very well – and we are sure you want us to represent your organisation in the best way we can. It is worth considering that some organisations now routinely send us images over 5,000 pixels wide, and if an iPhone 6 can produce something over 3,000 pixels wide, why do so many people waste time with an image 1024 pixels wide, or smaller?
- NOTE: images sent embedded into a Word or PDF document are less helpful. not only does it take time to extract them from these documents, but it can also mean that clarity is lost in doing so due to the way PDFs are created. Original JPG images are perfect
- NOTE: sending images in a ZIP file is a waste of your time – JPG is already a compressed format, so the saving in putting images into a ZIP is negligible
Tips to help us help you
- A gallery page of high quality large images (see above) on your website is great help and we will often use more than one image per story (yes, we know that some of our competitors avoid using images altogether!)
- A high quality (minimum 1024 pixel width) corporate logo in JPG format is also most useful
- No ZIP files
- No PDF files
FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions
- Do you really work by Embargo date/time/timezones? Absolutely – but we are aware of competitors of ours who ignore embargoes, so we understand your concern in raising this question.
- Can we request a HeliHub.com interview? Yes – we can do face-to-face interviews, or by phone, Skype, Facetime or at an event we are attending
- Do you run profiles of organisations which have been published elsewhere? Yes, but we only run a one sentence summary and a link to the external published profile. This is due to Copyright restrictions.
- Do you accept press releases in languages other than English? Of course, but be aware that we do not have an army of translators, so we routinely use a respected online translator and add an “Electronic translation” note at the start of the news item
- Rajasthan State holds Open Bidding for Helicopter Procurement
- Unveiling of the First Oil and Gas AW169
- Northern HeliCopter to Work at Merkur Offshore Wind Farm
- CHC Helicopter Closes Norwegian Base
- The Toll Rescue Helicopter Service is airborne for communities of NSW
- Héli-Union and Turbomeca Announce the Signature of a Partnership Contract
- Eagle 407HP trials in Papua New Guinea produce increase across all tasked loads
- Hiratagakuen takes delivery of Airbus H135 helicopter
- Conservation Fund launches $500K helicopter crowdfunding campaign
- Era SAR Program Recognized for Excellence
- Newquay SAR Helicopter Service Celebrates One-year Milestone
- Lockheed will provide US with the Latest Electronic Warfare System
- HELP part-funds Devon Community Helipad
- Bluedrop to deliver Bell 206 Level 7 FTD to Canadian military
- HAI announces helicopter maintenance and law enforcement awardees
- EASA approves FastFin System for AB412
- Sikorsky Awarded DARPA ALIAS Phase 3 Contract to Increase Aircraft Autonomy
- FAA Issues General Aviation Medical Rule
- HAI announces Aerospace Safety and Humanitarian Service awardees
- SAE International Tasked by FAA to Develop Technical Standards for Rotorcraft Inlet Barrier Filters