AgustaWestland is pleased to announce that Scandinavian Aircraft Marketing Aps (SAM) has entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for the purchase of five AW139 medium twin turbine engine helicopters. Relevant contracts will be implemented in the next months.
These AW139s will be originally provided with a passenger transport configuration with the possibility to be further configured for specific roles. Scandinavian Aircraft Marketing has been an AgustaWestland official distributor since 2007 and this MoU further expands the already strong AgustaWestland’s presence in Northern Europe where the AW139 helicopter has experienced a growing success to perform a number of tasks. The AW139 is a new generation medium twin-turbine helicopter setting new standards in the medium twin market. Over 100 AW139 helicopters are now in service worldwide. The AW139 is also the fastest helicopter in its class with a maximum cruise speed of 167 knots and the only medium twin engine helicopter in production that meets the latest certification standards for safety.
Designed with multi-role capability and flexibility of operation, the AW139 is capable of carrying up to 15 passengers or six litters with two medical attendants or up to four litters and four medical attendants at the highest speed, in the most spacious cabin and with the best power reserve of any other helicopter in its class. The superior power of the two installed P&W PT6C-67C engines ensures the AW139 has the best performance in its weight class in all operating conditions. With its power reserve, the AW139 assures Category A (Class 1) superior performance from a helipad (elevated or at ground level) at maximum take-off weight with a superior one engine inoperative capability. The AW139 can be used for a number of applications including executive/VIP transport, EMS/SAR, offshore transport, law enforcement and government roles. More than 80 customers in over 30 countries have ordered more than 330 AW139 helicopters so far.
- Penzance Helicopters flights to restart 4th July, plus AW139 update
- FAA approves Coptersafety AW139 simulator
- Nigerian Navy receives AW139 helicopter
- COVID-19 – AW139 supporting COVID-19 operations in Canada
- LCI Helicopters launches $100 Million co-investment vehicle
- RBI Hawker completes industry first with AW139 main rotor blade repair
- Omni starts another PGS contract with both S76 and AW139
- Caverton signs for AW139 simulator from Thales
- Penzance Helicopters to launch with AW109 GrandNew due to Coronavirus
- Honeywell and Leonardo upgrade AW139 with Synthetic Vision Navigation
- Omni Táxi Aéreo picks Skytrac for Real-Time HUMS and Satellite Push-to-Talk solutions
- Leonardo announces the purchase of an AW139 Level D FF)S by Suzuyo & Co of Japan.
- Milestone Announces Leases of 7 Helicopters with Héli-Union
- Heli-One Approved to Develop AW139 IGB TGB Capability
- FlightSafety to add new Level D sims for Airbus EC145 and Leonardo AW139
- Leonardo Philadelphia delivers 300th AW139
- US Air Force gives Leonardo MH-139 a name – the Grey Wolf
- MDFR Orders AW139
- Petroleum Air Services adds 6th AW139
- The Helicopter Company of Saudi Arabia takes delivery of its first AW139