AgustaWestland is pleased to announce that Scandinavian Aircraft Marketing Aps (SAM) has entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for the purchase of five AW139 medium twin turbine engine helicopters. Relevant contracts will be implemented in the next months.
These AW139s will be originally provided with a passenger transport configuration with the possibility to be further configured for specific roles. Scandinavian Aircraft Marketing has been an AgustaWestland official distributor since 2007 and this MoU further expands the already strong AgustaWestland’s presence in Northern Europe where the AW139 helicopter has experienced a growing success to perform a number of tasks. The AW139 is a new generation medium twin-turbine helicopter setting new standards in the medium twin market. Over 100 AW139 helicopters are now in service worldwide. The AW139 is also the fastest helicopter in its class with a maximum cruise speed of 167 knots and the only medium twin engine helicopter in production that meets the latest certification standards for safety.
Designed with multi-role capability and flexibility of operation, the AW139 is capable of carrying up to 15 passengers or six litters with two medical attendants or up to four litters and four medical attendants at the highest speed, in the most spacious cabin and with the best power reserve of any other helicopter in its class. The superior power of the two installed P&W PT6C-67C engines ensures the AW139 has the best performance in its weight class in all operating conditions. With its power reserve, the AW139 assures Category A (Class 1) superior performance from a helipad (elevated or at ground level) at maximum take-off weight with a superior one engine inoperative capability. The AW139 can be used for a number of applications including executive/VIP transport, EMS/SAR, offshore transport, law enforcement and government roles. More than 80 customers in over 30 countries have ordered more than 330 AW139 helicopters so far.
- The Helicopter Company of Saudi Arabia takes delivery of its first AW139
- Penzance Helicopters launches Travel Club discount for Isles of Scilly residents
- NHV gains a UK Air Operator Certificate
- Civil helicopter market presence grows in South Africa
- Helity appointed AW139 Maintenance Centre by Leonardo
- Leonardo delivers its 1,000th AW139 helicopter
- Russian operator Skypro adds fourth AW139
- Omni reaches over 100,000 hours flown in AW139 aircraft
- Era sets major AW139 operational milestone
- SPECTO Aerospace appointed helicopter Blade Repair Centre
- Wiking signs for two AW139s
- Leonardo working with Suzuyo on first AW139 Level D Full Flight Simulator in Japan
- Italian National Fire Corps orders five more AW139s
- Leonardo and the Italian National Fire Corps announce a major step
- P&WC adds Designated Maintenance Facility in China for AW139 operators
- Weststar AW139 and AW169 orders
- Coptersafety appoints a new full-time flight instructor
- Caverton Helicopters picks Thales for AW139 simulator
- DART High Capacity Cargo Nets fit the bill for Aeróleo Táxi Aéreo
- Toll Helicopters and Seeing Machines have joined forces