Duxford, UK – 22 September 2009 – HeliHub.com today launches a major update at Helitech 2009, adding a range of safety-related information including detailed Accident data.Â Every known accident from 1st January 2009 is now listed, together with links to relevant web reports.Â As with our News data, we have provided “tags” against each key piece of data to allow users to cross reference from one report to another – for example, you could review all accident reports for a particular helicopter type, in a particular country, just the fatal accidents, or any combination you can think of.Â Data from prior to 2009 will also be added in due course.
In the first eight months of 2009, HeliHub.com has records of 106 fatal accidents worldwide involving the loss of 351 lives.Â This can also be split down into 222 fatalities in 78 civilian accidents, and 129 in 28 military accidents.Â A summary document of these accidents can be supplied on request to [email protected]
Our Safety section also now provides a direct link to Safety-related news, as well as documents published by manufacturers and airworthiness authorities.
Further expansion of Helihub.com is being planned.Â By taking a â€œSearch Engineâ€ approach, HeliHub.com provides many and varied links to data right across the internet to provide industry professionals with all their information needs in one central site. HeliHub.com drives web traffic to a huge number of existing established sites, and users will also benefit from a new approach where issues of commercial competition between rival information sources are swept aside as we single-mindedly focus on being the #1 launch point for any industry professional seeking reliable information.
While the HeliHub.com team continue to scour the internet for more helicopter industry information, organisations are invited to tell us about their websites, their news and so on â€“ more details can be found on our â€œGet Listedâ€ page.
HeliHub.com is majority owned by a private â€œangel investorâ€, and is independent of all helicopter manufacturers, suppliers, operators, sales companies, media organisations and so on.
- Slovenian Police receive first of two AW169s
- LCI launches 1st helicopter co-investment vehicle
- Life Flight Network and Saint Alphonsus Celebrate 10 Years
- Rostec will offer renewal of South Korean Ka-32 fleet
- Leonardo appoints UI International as Korea distributor
- Safran selects Onsight AR platform for remote customer support
- Japanese Prefectures Place Orders for Bell 412EPI
- Air Methods Relocates Black Hills Life Flight Base to Rapid City
- New York Helicopter Charter files for bankruptcy protection
- Denel helicopters not affected by aerostructures business exit
- Honeywell upgrades power and fuel efficiency on T55 engine for Chinook
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Sikorsky Introduces RAIDER X™
- US Army trialing new helicopter pilot training program
- NFAC tests next-generation military helicopter
- Aero Asset’s Q3 Preowned Helicopter Market Trends show improving conditions
- Sikorsky Showcases New Combat Rescue Helicopter
- UK Helicopter Museum celebrates 30 years
- Helity appointed AW139 Maintenance Centre by Leonardo
- Bell Appoints China State Grid GA as a Bell429 Authorized Maintenance Center