Duxford, UK – 22 September 2009 – HeliHub.com today launches a major update at Helitech 2009, adding a range of safety-related information including detailed Accident data.Â Every known accident from 1st January 2009 is now listed, together with links to relevant web reports.Â As with our News data, we have provided “tags” against each key piece of data to allow users to cross reference from one report to another – for example, you could review all accident reports for a particular helicopter type, in a particular country, just the fatal accidents, or any combination you can think of.Â Data from prior to 2009 will also be added in due course.
In the first eight months of 2009, HeliHub.com has records of 106 fatal accidents worldwide involving the loss of 351 lives.Â This can also be split down into 222 fatalities in 78 civilian accidents, and 129 in 28 military accidents.Â A summary document of these accidents can be supplied on request to [email protected]
Our Safety section also now provides a direct link to Safety-related news, as well as documents published by manufacturers and airworthiness authorities.
Further expansion of Helihub.com is being planned.Â By taking a â€œSearch Engineâ€ approach, HeliHub.com provides many and varied links to data right across the internet to provide industry professionals with all their information needs in one central site. HeliHub.com drives web traffic to a huge number of existing established sites, and users will also benefit from a new approach where issues of commercial competition between rival information sources are swept aside as we single-mindedly focus on being the #1 launch point for any industry professional seeking reliable information.
While the HeliHub.com team continue to scour the internet for more helicopter industry information, organisations are invited to tell us about their websites, their news and so on â€“ more details can be found on our â€œGet Listedâ€ page.
HeliHub.com is majority owned by a private â€œangel investorâ€, and is independent of all helicopter manufacturers, suppliers, operators, sales companies, media organisations and so on.
- Dickson sworn in as new FAA Administrator
- Bell Announces 200th Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Delivery
- Pratt & Whitney to Open New Engine Overhaul Centre in Brazil
- Life Flight Network Achieves NAAMTA Medical Transport Accreditation
- WAI Receives Grant from the ISTAT Foundation
- Cornwall Air Ambulance appoints first Vice President
- Kopter enters the Brazilian market
- Leonardo confirms solid presence in the Brazilian VIP market at
- Elbit to supply components for CV-22 Color Helmet Mounted Display System
- East Anglia Air Ambulance to extend Norwich head office
- Forecast International Publishes White Paper on Global Outlook for Helicopters
- German NH90s get upgrade with Rohde & Schwarz radios
- Airbus now accepting nominations for sixth annual ‘Innovation in Safety Award’
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance Shortlisted for Third Sector Awards
- Thames Valley Air Ambulance partners with what3words app
- STARS announces winners of $4.1M Saskatchewan Lottery
- Genesys Aerosystems Equipped Leonardo TH-119 Achieves IFR Certification
- Boeing opens V-22 production facility
- Helicentre Announces Bristow CPL(H) Scholarship
- Keynote Speakers Announced for CHC Safety & Quality Summit