Duxford, UK – 22 September 2009 – HeliHub.com today launches a major update at Helitech 2009, adding a range of safety-related information including detailed Accident data.Â Every known accident from 1st January 2009 is now listed, together with links to relevant web reports.Â As with our News data, we have provided “tags” against each key piece of data to allow users to cross reference from one report to another – for example, you could review all accident reports for a particular helicopter type, in a particular country, just the fatal accidents, or any combination you can think of.Â Data from prior to 2009 will also be added in due course.
In the first eight months of 2009, HeliHub.com has records of 106 fatal accidents worldwide involving the loss of 351 lives.Â This can also be split down into 222 fatalities in 78 civilian accidents, and 129 in 28 military accidents.Â A summary document of these accidents can be supplied on request to [email protected]
Our Safety section also now provides a direct link to Safety-related news, as well as documents published by manufacturers and airworthiness authorities.
Further expansion of Helihub.com is being planned.Â By taking a â€œSearch Engineâ€ approach, HeliHub.com provides many and varied links to data right across the internet to provide industry professionals with all their information needs in one central site. HeliHub.com drives web traffic to a huge number of existing established sites, and users will also benefit from a new approach where issues of commercial competition between rival information sources are swept aside as we single-mindedly focus on being the #1 launch point for any industry professional seeking reliable information.
While the HeliHub.com team continue to scour the internet for more helicopter industry information, organisations are invited to tell us about their websites, their news and so on â€“ more details can be found on our â€œGet Listedâ€ page.
HeliHub.com is majority owned by a private â€œangel investorâ€, and is independent of all helicopter manufacturers, suppliers, operators, sales companies, media organisations and so on.
- Sikorsky Awarded $7M Contract for CH-53K Systems Modifications
- Adar Poonawalla takes delivery of India’s first ACH145
- Helijet supports Power To Be with new partnership
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Chief Operating Officer
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2019
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey
- NHRMC Stations AirLink Aircraft at Medical Center
- CHC wins planning approval for Aberdeen facility upgrade
- Profile – Kathryn Purwin of Helinet
- DRF Luftrettung opens 10th night flight station
- Austin Peay introduces first helicopter in its rotor-wing fleet
- East Anglian Air Ambulance flies 25,000th mission
- EASA certifies Bell 206 TT straps from Lord Corporation
- NHV awarded new contract with Ørsted