Duxford, UK – 22 September 2009 – HeliHub.com today launches a major update at Helitech 2009, adding a range of safety-related information including detailed Accident data.Â Every known accident from 1st January 2009 is now listed, together with links to relevant web reports.Â As with our News data, we have provided “tags” against each key piece of data to allow users to cross reference from one report to another – for example, you could review all accident reports for a particular helicopter type, in a particular country, just the fatal accidents, or any combination you can think of.Â Data from prior to 2009 will also be added in due course.
In the first eight months of 2009, HeliHub.com has records of 106 fatal accidents worldwide involving the loss of 351 lives.Â This can also be split down into 222 fatalities in 78 civilian accidents, and 129 in 28 military accidents.Â A summary document of these accidents can be supplied on request to [email protected]
Our Safety section also now provides a direct link to Safety-related news, as well as documents published by manufacturers and airworthiness authorities.
Further expansion of Helihub.com is being planned.Â By taking a â€œSearch Engineâ€ approach, HeliHub.com provides many and varied links to data right across the internet to provide industry professionals with all their information needs in one central site. HeliHub.com drives web traffic to a huge number of existing established sites, and users will also benefit from a new approach where issues of commercial competition between rival information sources are swept aside as we single-mindedly focus on being the #1 launch point for any industry professional seeking reliable information.
While the HeliHub.com team continue to scour the internet for more helicopter industry information, organisations are invited to tell us about their websites, their news and so on â€“ more details can be found on our â€œGet Listedâ€ page.
HeliHub.com is majority owned by a private â€œangel investorâ€, and is independent of all helicopter manufacturers, suppliers, operators, sales companies, media organisations and so on.
- HSC-22 Receives First MQ-8C Firescout
- Neptune Energy extends contract with CHC Helicopters
- Baden-Württemberg police take on new fire-fighting role
- Bell Presents the Turkish Director General of Forestry with the Outstanding Operational Readiness Award
- Bell Presents the Turkish National Police with the Outstanding Operational Readiness Award
- Cornwall Air Ambulance to feature in new TV series
- STARS to take over Lifeflight in Manitoba
- Volocopter offers reservations for commercial flights
- President of Uruguay welcomes first SAR AB412
- Airbus to keep NASA’s helicopters flying for up to 10 years
- Viterra and STARS to launch calendar campaign fundraiser
- UW Health Med Flight’s first all-woman crew makes history
- Swire Oilfield Services acquires Helifuel
- Aviation Jobs – statistical comparison between 2019 and 2020
- BBGA calls Brexit webinar
- Devon Air Ambulance celebates exemplary service
- Polar Airlines becomes first service centre for Ansat helicopters
- Kazan Ansat approved for all documentation in electronic form
- SH09 prototype returns home with improved aerodynamics
- Bell Delivers Montenegro Air Force’s First Bell 505