Helicopter Support Inc. (HSI) today announced the signing of a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with Goodrich Corporation to collaboratively promote an advanced aircraft maintenance solution to the worldwide rotary aircraft market. HSI is a support and distribution company of Sikorsky Aerospace Services (SAS), the aftermarket business of Sikorsky Aircraft Corp. Sikorsky Aircraft is a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. ( UTX).
The Health and Usage Monitoring Systems (HUMS) developed by Goodrich’s Sensors and Integrated Systems business is a series of networked diagnostic sensors that continuously and comprehensively monitors the mechanical performance of the entire aircraft. This powerful system provides real-time data that enhances predictive maintenance. Integrating the HUMS data with Sikorsky Aerospace Services’ OEM installation expertise and support capabilities enables a breakthrough, proactive maintenance system that lowers operating costs and increases fleet availability.
“Our global OEM expertise, diverse specialties and experience position SAS as the premiere one-stop service provider in today’s demanding market,” said David Adler, President of Sikorsky Aerospace Services. “We are able to sell, support and maintain the Goodrich HUMS, and this full capacity exemplifies the unparalleled value we offer our customers worldwide.”
“We are the leading supplier of Vehicle Health Management Systems to the U.S. military,” said Jan Mathiesen, Vice-President of Goodrich Sensors and Integrated Systems. “Our systems have been validated on multiple aircraft including the Sikorsky BLACK HAWK helicopter, with documented reduction in maintenance time and costs. It’s a natural progression to offer our HUMS systems for international BLACK HAWK helicopter fleets, and we are pleased to collaborate with Sikorsky Aerospace Services and HSI to enable international customers to benefit from the total aircraft care package they can provide.”
Goodrich Corporation is a Fortune 500 company and global supplier of systems and services to aerospace, defense and homeland security markets. With one of the most strategically diversified portfolios of products in the industry, Goodrich serves a global customer base with significant worldwide manufacturing and service facilities.
Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., based in Stratford, Conn., is a world leader in helicopter design, manufacture and service. Its Sikorsky Aerospace Services business designs and applies advanced logistics and supply chain solutions for commercial rotary, military rotary and fixed wing customers. United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Conn., provides a broad range of high technology products and support services to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
- First AW189 launched in Korea
- CAMP Systems and Hillsboro Establish Partnership
- Astronautics RoadRunner™ brings enhanced capabilities to Firehawk
- DART High Capacity Cargo Nets fit the bill for Aeróleo Táxi Aéreo
- AMS and AUTOFLUG sign cooperation agreement
- FreeFlight Systems announces new radar altimeter display for operators
- Falcon Aviation to showcase at first Saudi International Airshow
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Unveils New Website & Video Series
- PIF Announces Launch of The Helicopter Company
- NHV Group appoints new CEO
- PHI enters Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection
- UK AAIB Bulletin – March 2019
- Smart heli-hook helps raise angel to realm of glory
- Astronautics introduces IBEX™ family
- Sterling Launches New Version of QuickOnline Mobile App
- IMT Vislink showcases updated AVDS System
- Toll Helicopters and Seeing Machines have joined forces
- Helicentre announces scholarship winners
- PhilJets orders 3 Bell 505 Helicopters
- HAI Partners with JSfirm.com to Address Shortage