Helicopter Support Inc. (HSI) today announced the signing of a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with Goodrich Corporation to collaboratively promote an advanced aircraft maintenance solution to the worldwide rotary aircraft market. HSI is a support and distribution company of Sikorsky Aerospace Services (SAS), the aftermarket business of Sikorsky Aircraft Corp. Sikorsky Aircraft is a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. ( UTX).
The Health and Usage Monitoring Systems (HUMS) developed by Goodrich’s Sensors and Integrated Systems business is a series of networked diagnostic sensors that continuously and comprehensively monitors the mechanical performance of the entire aircraft. This powerful system provides real-time data that enhances predictive maintenance. Integrating the HUMS data with Sikorsky Aerospace Services’ OEM installation expertise and support capabilities enables a breakthrough, proactive maintenance system that lowers operating costs and increases fleet availability.
“Our global OEM expertise, diverse specialties and experience position SAS as the premiere one-stop service provider in today’s demanding market,” said David Adler, President of Sikorsky Aerospace Services. “We are able to sell, support and maintain the Goodrich HUMS, and this full capacity exemplifies the unparalleled value we offer our customers worldwide.”
“We are the leading supplier of Vehicle Health Management Systems to the U.S. military,” said Jan Mathiesen, Vice-President of Goodrich Sensors and Integrated Systems. “Our systems have been validated on multiple aircraft including the Sikorsky BLACK HAWK helicopter, with documented reduction in maintenance time and costs. It’s a natural progression to offer our HUMS systems for international BLACK HAWK helicopter fleets, and we are pleased to collaborate with Sikorsky Aerospace Services and HSI to enable international customers to benefit from the total aircraft care package they can provide.”
Goodrich Corporation is a Fortune 500 company and global supplier of systems and services to aerospace, defense and homeland security markets. With one of the most strategically diversified portfolios of products in the industry, Goodrich serves a global customer base with significant worldwide manufacturing and service facilities.
Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., based in Stratford, Conn., is a world leader in helicopter design, manufacture and service. Its Sikorsky Aerospace Services business designs and applies advanced logistics and supply chain solutions for commercial rotary, military rotary and fixed wing customers. United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Conn., provides a broad range of high technology products and support services to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
- Helicopter now stationed at Scotland Memorial Hospital
- Safran Helicopter Engines Partners with Citicopter in Russia
- Star Navigation Announces MEDEVAC Agreement
- Rusada joins the European Helicopter Association
- Airbus Helicopters showed H135 at HeliRussia
- Magpas Air Ambulance CEO appointed to the Board of the Association of Air Ambulances
- Sikorsky Receives Contract To Build 12 CH-53K
- Helicopter Training Squadron 18 Receives Award
- B505 Continues Global Expansion
- ADS-B Rebates Have All Been Reserved
- NeoXCraft designers VRCO sign agreement with ConnectJets
- Boeing Awarded $8M Contract for AH-64 Support Services
- Sikorsky Awarded $1,126M Contract for Procurement of 12 CH-53K
- Safran appointed Executive VP Operations
- Bell Boeing JPO Awarded $42M Contract for V-22 Technical Support
- Russian Helicopters participate in SITDEF-2019
- New Chief Executive for Air Ambulance Kent Surrey Sussex
- Robinson Introduces a New Flight Training Guide
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries opens H145-BK117 training centre at Gifu
- Cooperation Between Russia and Belarus exceeds $1 bln