The Brazilian Army has signed contracts with both Turbomeca and Helibras Brazil which will result in the modernization of 34 of their Eurocopter AS565K Panthers, or “Pantera” as they are known locally. These aircraft were acquired in 1988.
The upgrades include installation of new engines, avionics and navigation radios.Â Military engineers will be involved in all phases of the program, including the participation of Army mechanics and maintenance workers in both the execution of the services and knowledge transfer of new technologies.
The contract calls for four helicopters to be updated each year, with the upgraded aircraft to be delivered btween 2011 and 2021.
- Malaysian Fire Dept starts AW189 operations
- Falcon Aviation Services starts AW169 contract in Kuwait
- Russian Helicopters’ Service Center opens in Peru
- Castle Air adds AW139 to London Heli Shuttle
- Simplex Announces New STC
- Armenian Helicopters LLC to bring in another passenger helicopter
- Asian Sky Group appoints Rotary Program Sales Manager
- NYPD Unveils New UAS Program
- Kaman Receives Additional K-MAX®Order
- CPI Aero CEO appointed to AIA board
- Helicopter Society of Nepal inaugurated
- Three new helicopter companies nearing to receive AOC
- Helicopter operations to be separated from Uzbekistan Airways
- Bristow donates classrooms to Nigeria Immigration Training School
- CSIO Develops new Helicopter Visual Landing Systems
- Auckland Rescue Helicopter Trust appoints new Chief Executive
- Cayman Islands Police orders Airbus H145
- L-3 Communications awarded $22M Contract for TH-57 Contractor Logistics Services
- Macquarie Rotorcraft Leasing buys Waypoint for $650 Million
- Russian Helicopters to certify a service center in Egypt in 2019