StandardAero, a Dubai Aerospace Enterprise (DAE) company, has appointed Les McAfee to the position of Regional Sales Manager for the South Tex. Sales Territory of StandardAeroâ€™s Business Aviation Sector.
McAfee will be based out of the companyâ€™s Houston Tex. facility (IAH) at George Bush Intercontinental Airport and will be responsible for sales revenue generation and managing StandardAeroâ€™s customer accounts throughout the region.
McAfee brings to StandardAero more than 30 years of experience within the aviation industry. Following his service in the U.S. Marine Corps, McAfee worked for JetEast, an authorized Learjet Service Center where he fulfilled multiple roles as both Sales Manager and aircraft technician including, Avionics Technician, Maintenance Technician, Lead Electrician and Maintenance Supervisor. Following his tenure at JetEast, McAfee lead the sales activities of several companies including AMR Combs, Underwood Instrument Services, E.U.A. Air Support and Turbo Jet Spares. McAfee comes to StandardAero from Gulfstream in Dallas, Texas where he spent seven years as Service Center Business Office Supervisor involved in customer service activities and operational process improvements.
â€œLes reflects the commitment StandardAero has made to the growth of its Business Aviation Sector,â€ said Greg Sahr, Western Region Sales Director for Business Aviation. â€œWe have great talent at StandardAero and we are aggressively seeking the best our industry has to offer. Les is among those as his presence brings a wealth of experience and customer knowledge to the team. â€œWeâ€™re excited to have Les on board and look forward to the competitive advantage his expertise will provide.â€
McAfee currently attends Embry Riddle University for his Professional Aeronautics degree. McAfee holds an FCC and A&P license; is an OSHA-authorized general outreach instructor and is Green Belt certified in Lean Six Sigma.
StandardAero, a Dubai Aerospace Enterprise (DAE) company with $1.4 billion in annual revenue, specializes in engine maintenance, repair and overhaul, and nose-to-tail services that include airframe, interior refurbishments and paint for business and general aviation, air transport, and military aircraft. The company, part of the DAE Engineering division, forms a global services network of 12 primary facilities in the U.S., Canada, Europe, Singapore and Australia, with an additional 14 regionally located service and support locations.
About DAE: www.dubaiaerospace.com
Dubai Aerospace Enterprise is building a globally recognized aerospace corporation with operations from aircraft leasing, maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO), and Aviation IT solutions. It is creating an innovative business that builds on Dubai’s dynamism and continuous growth in Aviation.
Headquartered in Dubai, the group is growing through a series of phased developments and acquisitions to become a global player and to produce an integrated aerospace cluster, based at Dubai World Central â€“ the new 140 square kilometre airport and logistics city being constructed in Jebel Ali, Dubai. It is forming international partnerships at the highest level of industry with the aim of establishing one of the most innovative and successful businesses in the global aerospace industry within the next decade.
- Survitec launches new Emergency Breathing System for helicopter ops
- Man charged after UK police helicopter struck by laser
- EASA Rotorcraft Symposium – technical publications now available
- US Army studies eVTOL acoustics in the quest for silent helicopters
- Bell Wins Popular Science “Best of What’s New in Aerospace” Award
- MD Helicopters Secures $34 Million Army Contract
- New helipad opens at Groves Memorial Community Hospital
- Melfort hospital helipad complete
- Italian Air Force enhances emergency response and homeland security capabilities
- Air Methods donates AS350B2 to Mercy Air Africa
- ITT Enidine selected as partner for Bell 360 program
- PS Engineering responds to customer requests with latest PAC45J audio controller
- Bell Opens Global Commercial Business Center
- GKN Aerospace promotes its role in German NH90 order
- NZ helicopter operator charged over volcano tourist health and safety
- Korean Air extends USMC H-53 APAC maintenance contract
- Aviation Data Solutions launches unique software solutions for operators and handling agents
- ConnectSkies agency champions ‘green’ helicopters
- Transport Canada strengthens ELT requirements
- GKN wins Boeing silver award for AH-64 and CH-47 program work