Greenwich AeroGroup, Inc. today announced that Bob Fitzpatrick has been appointed Senior Vice President -Government and Military Business of Greenwich AeroGroup and President Summit Aviation, Inc, effective February 1, 2010.
â€œWe are very excited to announce that Bob is joining our senior management teamâ€ commented Jim Ziegler, President and CEO of Greenwich AeroGroup. â€œBobâ€™s extensive aviation background, coupled with his military sales and contracting experience, will provide the leadership we need as we continue to invest resources to grow our government and military business across all our companies.â€
In this new role, Mr. Fitzpatrick will be responsible for coordinating all of Greenwich AeroGroupâ€™s government and military business. In addition, he will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of Summit Aviation, a fixed and rotor wing aircraft maintenance, repair & modification service provider located in Middletown, Delaware that supports private, corporate, US and foreign government aircraft owners and operators. The company is an FAA certificated repair station, ISO 9100 certified, DIS approved and operates a privately owned airport (KEVY) located on a 600 acres property.
Previously, Mr. Fitzpatrick was with Bell Helicopter as the Senior Vice President of Business Development and Commercial Programs and was a member of Bellâ€™s Executive Leadership Team. Prior to joining Bell Helicopter, Mr. Fitzpatrick was at General Electric Aircraft Engines as director of global sales and marketing operation and unmanned vehicle programs. He later served as vice president of sales and marketing for Marotta Controls.
Mr. Fitzpatrick spent nine years with McDonnell Douglas Helicopter Systems where he held various leadership positions including flight test engineer, Apache Longbow program manager and director of new business development for international markets.
Mr. Fitzpatrick served in the US Army as an attack helicopter operations officer and later in the Army Reserves. After leaving the Army Reserves, Mr. Fitzpatrick joined the Air Force Reserves to support the C-17 Program, retiring after over 20 years of service.
Greenwich AeroGroup located in Greenwich CT, owns and operates full service providers of general aviation services including: maintenance, avionics and interior refurbishments; fixed base operations; aircraft sales, charter and management; manufacturing and engineering; component repair and overhaul; and parts distribution. Current locations include: Atlantic Aero, Inc., located at Piedmont-Triad International Airport in Greensboro, NC; Western Aircraft, Inc., located at Gowen Field in Boise, ID; Summit Aviation, Inc., located at Summit Airport in Middletown, DE; DAC International located in Austin, TX; Matrix Aviation located in Wichita, KS; Professional Aviation Associates located in Atlanta, GA; and Professional Aircraft Associates located in Titusville, FL.
Summit Aviation, located in Middletown, Delaware, offers aircraft maintenance and modification services on Bell, Eurocopter, Sikorsky, Boeing and MD Helicopters as well as on Pilatus, Cessna Caravan, Beechcraft, King Airs, Beechjets and other light jet model aircraft.
- Air BP rolls out Airfield Automation digital technology across São Paulo heliports
- Bell Announces Delivery of First Bell 505 to Horizon International Flight Academy
- Frost & Sullivan Presents the Evolving UAM Landscape Up to 2040
- Sikorsky Donates S-76® Airframe
- EASA certifies Safran Aneto-1K in Leonardo AW189K
- New helipad opens at Maidstone Hospital
- CEO of Chinook Helicopters in Abbotsford among nation’s Most Powerful Women
- Southwest Fuel Systems Announces New Triumph Hydromechanical Unit MRO Capability for RR M250 Engines
- Airbus delivers first SAR H145 for German Armed Forces ahead of schedule
- Permali to supply ballistic protection for Royal Navy Commando Merlin fleet
- New app launched for owners to track inspections, maintenance, billing etc
- RYAN AEROSPACE launches HELIMOD Mark III PLUS+ at I/ITSEC
- Elbit helps add Integrated Weapon System to MD530MG
- AMSTAT announces an upgraded Dashboard for AMSTAT Premier and Connect
- Air Evac Lifeteam closes two Arkansas bases
- Horizon purchased Entrol a Bell 505 FTD Level 2 simulator
- Reiser wins Australian Forces contract for MRH90 Maintenance Training Rig
- Major Trauma Centre first in UK to benefit from weather station
- Transformative Vertical Flight 2020 and eVTOL Symposium
- StandardAero and Thales Team on AS350 autopilot