Greenwich AeroGroup, Inc. today announced that Bob Fitzpatrick has been appointed Senior Vice President -Government and Military Business of Greenwich AeroGroup and President Summit Aviation, Inc, effective February 1, 2010.
â€œWe are very excited to announce that Bob is joining our senior management teamâ€ commented Jim Ziegler, President and CEO of Greenwich AeroGroup. â€œBobâ€™s extensive aviation background, coupled with his military sales and contracting experience, will provide the leadership we need as we continue to invest resources to grow our government and military business across all our companies.â€
In this new role, Mr. Fitzpatrick will be responsible for coordinating all of Greenwich AeroGroupâ€™s government and military business. In addition, he will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of Summit Aviation, a fixed and rotor wing aircraft maintenance, repair & modification service provider located in Middletown, Delaware that supports private, corporate, US and foreign government aircraft owners and operators. The company is an FAA certificated repair station, ISO 9100 certified, DIS approved and operates a privately owned airport (KEVY) located on a 600 acres property.
Previously, Mr. Fitzpatrick was with Bell Helicopter as the Senior Vice President of Business Development and Commercial Programs and was a member of Bellâ€™s Executive Leadership Team. Prior to joining Bell Helicopter, Mr. Fitzpatrick was at General Electric Aircraft Engines as director of global sales and marketing operation and unmanned vehicle programs. He later served as vice president of sales and marketing for Marotta Controls.
Mr. Fitzpatrick spent nine years with McDonnell Douglas Helicopter Systems where he held various leadership positions including flight test engineer, Apache Longbow program manager and director of new business development for international markets.
Mr. Fitzpatrick served in the US Army as an attack helicopter operations officer and later in the Army Reserves. After leaving the Army Reserves, Mr. Fitzpatrick joined the Air Force Reserves to support the C-17 Program, retiring after over 20 years of service.
Greenwich AeroGroup located in Greenwich CT, owns and operates full service providers of general aviation services including: maintenance, avionics and interior refurbishments; fixed base operations; aircraft sales, charter and management; manufacturing and engineering; component repair and overhaul; and parts distribution. Current locations include: Atlantic Aero, Inc., located at Piedmont-Triad International Airport in Greensboro, NC; Western Aircraft, Inc., located at Gowen Field in Boise, ID; Summit Aviation, Inc., located at Summit Airport in Middletown, DE; DAC International located in Austin, TX; Matrix Aviation located in Wichita, KS; Professional Aviation Associates located in Atlanta, GA; and Professional Aircraft Associates located in Titusville, FL.
Summit Aviation, located in Middletown, Delaware, offers aircraft maintenance and modification services on Bell, Eurocopter, Sikorsky, Boeing and MD Helicopters as well as on Pilatus, Cessna Caravan, Beechcraft, King Airs, Beechjets and other light jet model aircraft.
- Dickson sworn in as new FAA Administrator
- Bell Announces 200th Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Delivery
- Pratt & Whitney to Open New Engine Overhaul Centre in Brazil
- Life Flight Network Achieves NAAMTA Medical Transport Accreditation
- WAI Receives Grant from the ISTAT Foundation
- Cornwall Air Ambulance appoints first Vice President
- Kopter enters the Brazilian market
- Leonardo confirms solid presence in the Brazilian VIP market at
- Elbit to supply components for CV-22 Color Helmet Mounted Display System
- East Anglia Air Ambulance to extend Norwich head office
- Forecast International Publishes White Paper on Global Outlook for Helicopters
- German NH90s get upgrade with Rohde & Schwarz radios
- Airbus now accepting nominations for sixth annual ‘Innovation in Safety Award’
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance Shortlisted for Third Sector Awards
- Thames Valley Air Ambulance partners with what3words app
- STARS announces winners of $4.1M Saskatchewan Lottery
- Genesys Aerosystems Equipped Leonardo TH-119 Achieves IFR Certification
- Boeing opens V-22 production facility
- Helicentre Announces Bristow CPL(H) Scholarship
- Keynote Speakers Announced for CHC Safety & Quality Summit