HAI is pleased to announce the 2010 AgustaWestland Safety Award recipient, Terry Palmer; Manager of Rotorcraft Programs, Flight Safety International, Dallas, Texas.
Terry Palmerâ€™s impressive aviation career began when she served on the airport board in Mesquite, Texas while obtaining her initial pilot ratings. Soon after, in 1989, she opened an FAA Part 141 Flight School, and managed a Fixed Base of Operation (FBO) while earning her commercial pilot ratings. In 1997, Palmer was hired by Omniflight Helicopters as a training coordinator and Crew Resource Management (CRM) Program Manager â€“ developing and teaching programs nationwide.
In 2000, Palmer moved to FlightSafety International to instruct in Falcon jets, CRM, Approach and Landing Accident Reduction (ALAR), and other human factor courses. In an effort to identify industry safety and training needs, Palmer hosted the successful annual FlightSafety International Helicopter Safety Forums from 2005 to 2008. With Larry Mattiello (President of AirSure Ltd., former Chairman of the HAI Insurance Committee, and former HAI Insurance Advisor), Palmer formed PALMAT Aviation Consulting to coordinate with HAI on educational safety programs for insurance underwriters and brokers.
Palmer has worked with many committees and organizations, including the Helicopter Safety Advisory Conference (HSAC), Tour Operators Program of Safety (TOPS), Association of Air Medical Services (AAMS), and the Air Medical Operators Association (AMOA). She is a member of the HAI Safety Committee, and currently serves as an aviation advisor on the board of the Commission on Accreditation of Medical Transport Services (CAMTS). In 2009, Palmer testified on the necessity for simulator and scenario-based training at the NTSB hearing for Helicopter Emergency Medical Services (HEMS). For the last two years she has served on the International Helicopter Safety Team (IHST), and the Joint Helicopter Safety Implementation Team (JHSIT).
Palmer has been recognized numerous times by the FAA for her tireless dedication to helicopter safety; efforts that have earned her HAIâ€™s 2010 AgustaWestland Safety Award.
All winners will be recognized at HELI-EXPO 2010â€™s annual â€œSalute to Excellenceâ€ Awards Banquet on February 22, 2010 in Houston, Texas. For more information about the 2010 â€œSalute to Excellenceâ€ Awards, contact HAIâ€™s Communications Department at 703-683-4646, fax: 703-683-4745, or email: [email protected]. For more information on HELI-EXPO 2010, visit www.rotor.com.
- China to sanction Lockheed Martin
- Innisfail Health Centre helipad closed for safety improvements
- Newport Helicopter Tours Celebrates 20th Anniversary
- KAI aims to export first Korean-made helicopter to Indonesia
- Air ambulances in Nova Scotia now carry supply of blood
- Melfort Union Hospital helipad goes out to tender
- Trakka delivers total surveillance solutions package to Mexio
- Nigerian Air Force inaugurates helipad for anti-bandit operations
- First Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey delivered to Japan
- Royal Hobart Hospital helipad now open
- Trakka delivers total surveillance solutions package for Colombian National Police
- Black Hills Life Flight adds blood and plasma to all flights
- Kaikoura Helicopters partners with marine welfare organisation
- Ace Aeronautics Earns STC for ACE DECK VL-60 Integrated Flight Deck
- A Reduction in Helicopter Operations Leads to a Reduction in Accidents
- Airbus marks 60 years of long-standing partnership with Japan
- Ultimate Heli Renewal of ISO 9001:2015 Certification
- Leonardo delivers its first basic training AW169 to the Italian Army
- Airbus forms Team Nightjar for Australian special ops bid
- Boston MedFlight Reaches 80,000 Patient Transport Milestone