On January 13 and 14, Helicopter Association International (HAI) President Matt Zuccaro attended a meeting of HAI affiliate, the Helicopter Safety Advisory Conference (HSAC), in New Orleans.
The first day of the meeting involved HSAC committee work sessions addressing such issues as flight following/ADS-B implementation, HSAC-recommended safety procedures, and maintenance technologies.
The second day consisted of a general membership meeting where various committees briefed the membership on their work. Zuccaro gave a presentation to the HSAC membership, updating them on HAI activities and issues facing the rotorcraft industry. HAI/HSAC members also briefed Zuccaro on their industry issues and concerns.
As a result of the meeting, HAI will be assisting HSAC in updating and reformatting its highly acclaimed Web site and database, which contains detailed information regarding flight operations in the Gulf of Mexico.
HSAC is comprised of helicopter operators, as well as oil and gas companies, that safely and professionally operate nearly 700 helicopters daily, while transporting some 10,000 offshore energy workers to the estimated 5,000 platforms throughout the Gulf of Mexico. Their main focus is on the improvement of safety for helicopter operations in the Gulf.
HAI is proud to have the Helicopter Safety Advisory Conference among its 81 international affiliated organizations.
- China to sanction Lockheed Martin
- Innisfail Health Centre helipad closed for safety improvements
- Newport Helicopter Tours Celebrates 20th Anniversary
- KAI aims to export first Korean-made helicopter to Indonesia
- Air ambulances in Nova Scotia now carry supply of blood
- Melfort Union Hospital helipad goes out to tender
- Trakka delivers total surveillance solutions package to Mexio
- Nigerian Air Force inaugurates helipad for anti-bandit operations
- First Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey delivered to Japan
- Royal Hobart Hospital helipad now open
- Trakka delivers total surveillance solutions package for Colombian National Police
- Black Hills Life Flight adds blood and plasma to all flights
- Kaikoura Helicopters partners with marine welfare organisation
- Ace Aeronautics Earns STC for ACE DECK VL-60 Integrated Flight Deck
- A Reduction in Helicopter Operations Leads to a Reduction in Accidents
- Airbus marks 60 years of long-standing partnership with Japan
- Ultimate Heli Renewal of ISO 9001:2015 Certification
- Leonardo delivers its first basic training AW169 to the Italian Army
- Airbus forms Team Nightjar for Australian special ops bid
- Boston MedFlight Reaches 80,000 Patient Transport Milestone