The Atlanta Helicopter Pilots Association will hold their spring meeting at the 57th Fighter Squadron Restaurant on June 5, 2010 in Atlanta, Georgia. Fly-inâ€™s are to park on the Epps ramp. There will be a shuttle service to and from the 57th. The airspace will be closed from 1200 â€“ 1700, but the tower will work with AHPA to accommodate anyone who wishes to fly out earlier than 1700. If you do need to leave, wheels are requested to roll the machines out and away from spectators.
Ron Bower has accepted the invitation to attend the meeting and offer his presentation on flights around the world. If youâ€™re not familiar, Ron flew a Jetranger, a MD500, an Agusta Grand, and then a Bell 430 around the world beginning approximately 16 years ago; not once, but multiple times around the Globe! Ronâ€™s kindness is greatly appreciated as he and his wife will be joining the meeting on their 47th wedding anniversary. Governor Sunny Perdue is invited to the meeting if his schedule allows. Parking and details to follow so SAVE THE DATE. All AHPA members and significant others will receive VIP status after attending the meeting at 10:00AM.
Please RSVP to President John Woodruff atÂ [email protected]
In conjunction with the spring meeting, AHPA will also be participating in the Good Neighbor Day Air Show and Open House at the DeKalb Peachtree Airport (PDK) in Atlanta, GA. This is an annual event that has evolved from a small neighborhood show into one of the most respected events in the air show industry. Early committals to this yearâ€™s air show include superb formation flying by Team AeroShell and Team RV as well as single-plane acts including Greg Koontz in the Super Decathlon, Clem Cleaver and the Alabama Boys in the Super Cub, Pat Epps in his aerobatic Bonanza, and Larry King in his super charged Pitts biplane. Additionally, the all-women parachute team Misty Blues will perform and fly The Atlanta Helicopter Pilots Association logo to front and center.
Through the generosity ofÂ PDK andÂ its sponsors this is a free community event. In addition to PDK this yearâ€™s sponsors include HAI affiliate member, Atlanta Helicopter Pilots Association and the Jim Ellis Automotive Group.
- COVID19 – HAC cancels annual convention scheduled for November 2020
- European Rotors event will host an industry hackathon
- Indian Air Force upgrades Mi-17s with Night Vision Goggles
- Airbus helps Hungarian Air Ambulance become a digital organisation
- EASA publishes proposed eVTOL certification methods
- Triumph to supply mechanical controls for US TH-73 trainers
- Compass and ALG ship EC135 from UK to US for Air Methods
- COVID-19 – Airbus Helicopters offers solutions to air ambulance operators in the fight against COVID-19
- COVID-19 – How Airbus is helping frontline operators in the fight against COVID-19
- Helitrans accepts two Airbus H125s under e-delivery process
- Gama Aviation and Atkins retain UK military airworthiness contract
- NTSB calls for mandatory Flight Data Recorders in all turbine helicopters
- Era Group Announces Board Approval of Reverse Stock Split
- Bristow Group Announces Stock Repurchases
- Cornwall Air Ambulance suffers £1.5M income shortfall
- NBAA Requests Extension for GA Pilot Medicals
- Police Aviation News – June 2020 Edition
- First Ukraine Police Airbus H145 commences flight test phase
- Polish Police retire Kania helicopter to museum
- Bell Offers Comprehensive Program for new Commercial Aircraft Customers