No sooner had HeilHub.com run a story last week on Norwich Airport-based Saxonair than they have been busy again.Â Last week we reported their move to helicopter operations with the acquisition of a Eurocopter EC120, having previously only flown fixed wing.Â This week they have added an EC135P2+, purchased from a corporate operator in Northern Ireland.
Norwich-based Saxonair was founded by Graeme Kalbraier in 2003, and he sold out to Roger Klyne in May 2009.Â Since then, Mr Klyne has been on a continued expansion plan through his Klyne Group company, which became active in the aviation businessÂ after he sold out his tug business Klyne Tugs to JP Knight Group, Britain’s oldest tug and barge company in December 2007.Â Mr Kalbraier owns insurance industry call centre Call Connection Ltd, and was previously financially linked with another UK heilcopter operator, Aeromega.
At the point Saxonair changed ownership, they operated one Beech 200 Super King Air.Â The purchase by Mr Klyne brought with it his two “Klyne Aviation” aircraft, a Beechjet 400A and a Cessna Citation Mustang to which he has added a Beech 300 Super King Air and the two helicopters.Â They are also expecting delivery of an Embraer Phenom 100 jet in May 2010, which has been on order for around two years.
Our research notes that Saxonair do not have control of their website domain names, though, with both saxonair.com and saxonair.co.uk remain registered to Mr Kalbraier’s company address in Ispwich.
- Netherlands – HeliCentre buys Entrol EC135 simulator
- Devon Air Ambulance resumes ops – EC135s fitted with separation screens
- UT Health East Texas welcomes third rebranded EC135
- EC135 Reduced mandatory maintenance and flight checks
- Devon Air Ambulance adds two Critical Care Cars
- Gama Aviation releases Flight Data Monitoring mod for Airbus H135 and H145
- Devon Air Ambulance reports 2019 statistics
- Royal Thai Air Force orders six Airbus H135 military trainers
- Polish Border Guard adds Airbus H135
- Gozo EMS operation upgrading to EC135
- DRF Luftrettung expands its H145 and H135 fleet
- NASA orders three Airbus H135s
- EASA approves STC for Trakka TLX searchlight on EC135
- Cayman Police replace damaged EC135 wtih second H145
- 723 Squadron helicopters achieve 10,000 flying hours
- Airbus launches retrofit solution for EC135 Electrical Master Boxes
- Metro first to STC H135 T3H Air Medical Interior
- Trump proposes import duties on Airbus helicopters built in EU
- Trakka Systems announces TLX Searchlight Order
- 24-Feb-19 9H-VIP Airbus EC135 Valetta, Malta