Bell Helicopter took the Bell 429 to Singapore for the start of a tour visiting operators in Asia.
The light, twin-engine helicopter was shipped from the final assembly facility at Bell Helicopter Textron Canada Limited in Mirabel, Quebec. It arrived in Singapore mid-January. There, Bell Helicopter pilots demonstrated the 429’s best-in-class performance and design features to current and potential customers before the Singapore Airshow. Those demonstrations will continue after that show.
â€œCustomer response to the 429 has been extremely strong since its certification by Canadian, U.S. and European authorities in mid-2009,” said Bell President and CEO John L. Garrison. â€œWe’re confident that as more customers get to experience its performance and unique features firsthand, they will want the 429 in their operations.”
After the Singapore Airshow, the 429 is to fly to India for demonstration flights there. The schedule then calls for the light twin to travel to Japan. There, one of the first customers for the 429, Mitsui Bussan Aerospace, will introduce its unique capabilities to customers from May through September.
Certified as a single-pilot instrument flight rules (SPIFR), Category A helicopter under the latest requirements of Part 27 airworthiness rules, the 429 is to enter service within weeks with its first customer, Air Methods Corporation. Air Methods will operate the aircraft for U.S. emergency medical service operator Mercy One in Des Moines, Iowa.
Customers and attendees of the Singapore Airshow can see the 429 features that set new standards for helicopters in its class at a static display at Bell’s Chalet at CD11. Bell’s stand (Q01 in the main exhibit hall) also features a full-size mockup of this innovative helicopter.
About Bell Helicopter Textron Canada Limited (BHTCL)
A Bell Helicopter affiliate, Bell Helicopter Textron Canada Limited manufactures Bell’s commercial helicopters at its 656,600-square-foot (61,000-square-meter) Mirabel facility and employs 1,600 people there and at facilities in Calgary, Alberta and St. Jï¿½rï¿½me, Quebec.
About Bell Helicopter
Bell Helicopter is an industry-leading producer of commercial and military, manned and unmanned vertical lift aircraft and the pioneer of the revolutionary tilt rotor aircraft. Globally recognized for world-class customer service, innovation and superior quality, Bell’s global workforce serves customers flying Bell aircraft in more than 120 countries.
- First AW189 launched in Korea
- CAMP Systems and Hillsboro Establish Partnership
- Astronautics RoadRunner™ brings enhanced capabilities to Firehawk
- DART High Capacity Cargo Nets fit the bill for Aeróleo Táxi Aéreo
- AMS and AUTOFLUG sign cooperation agreement
- FreeFlight Systems announces new radar altimeter display for operators
- Falcon Aviation to showcase at first Saudi International Airshow
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Unveils New Website & Video Series
- PIF Announces Launch of The Helicopter Company
- NHV Group appoints new CEO
- PHI enters Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection
- UK AAIB Bulletin – March 2019
- Smart heli-hook helps raise angel to realm of glory
- Astronautics introduces IBEX™ family
- Sterling Launches New Version of QuickOnline Mobile App
- IMT Vislink showcases updated AVDS System
- Toll Helicopters and Seeing Machines have joined forces
- Helicentre announces scholarship winners
- PhilJets orders 3 Bell 505 Helicopters
- HAI Partners with JSfirm.com to Address Shortage