Texas Aviation Services (TAS), a leader for more than 39 years in rotor-wing completion and maintenance services, will be displaying a new AS-350B2 at the 2010 Heli-Expo in Houston, Texas.
The AS-350B2 was customized by TAS in late 2009 for Patrol, Search and Rescue, Domestic and Wildlife Animal Preservation and the customer’s inter-company support. The avionics and interior were designed in a way to support multiple configurations and flight missions while retaining a clean stylish appearance for corporate transport.
Texas Aviation Services customized the AS-350B2 with many avionics components to include a “glass” cockpit and tactical radios. Sister Company, Rotorcraft AeroDesign engineered the layout and configuration while TAS staff completed the modification. In addition to avionics, the TAS group recovered the crew and passenger seats in matching two-tone leather, floor areas in a reversible carpet / Loncoin combination, interior panels in Izit enhanced ultra-leather, installed additional soundproofing and modified the passenger seats to encompass two fold-down armrests.
The recently customized aircraft will display every capability available at TAS and its sister companies. TAS cordially invites the helicopter industry to visit the TAS booth (#1444) at the Heli-Expo and view this wonderful aircraft firsthand.
John Murphey, CEO of TAS said: “It will be well worth everyone’s time to stop by the booth and get a personal view of our capabilities and quality customizing. This unique aircraft will be the standard for craftsmanship for decades!”
About Texas Aviation Services
Texas Aviation Services is part of the Rotorcraft Services Group. TAS occupies 175,000 square feet of facilities at Meacham Field in Fort Worth, TX and is an independent helicopter technical services company with 39 years of successful history. TAS specializes in both civilian and military helicopter completions, retrofits, MRO, avionics systems integration, interiors, paint, component overhaul and engineering. TAS performs complex customizing projects on civilian Bell, Eurocopter, Agusta, Sikorsky, and extensive retrofits on military Blackhawks. The Meacham Airport operations are one of the largest of their type in the mid-South, with the capacity for scores of helicopter projects per year. Through RSG and its subsidiaries, outside DAR services can be contracted for many different airworthiness projects.
The Rotorcraft Services Group also includes Integrated Flight Systems (IFS) and RSG AeroDesign. Founded in 1985, Integrated Flight Systems designs and manufactures the finest quality air conditioning and video systems for a wide range of helicopters. These systems are simple to use, the lightest weight and the most reliable in the industry. IFS offers AOG parts support to every installation throughout North and South America, Europe and Asia.
RSG AeroDesign is an integrated engineering organization within the Rotorcraft Services Group, functioning as an independent business unit and acting as a catalyst for service growth, product development, and competitive advantage. The company’s charter is to provide comprehensive technical services and adjunct engineering staffing solutions to OEMs, and prime contractors in both the fixed-wing and rotary-wing markets.
Additional information is available on the Web at www.sierraaeronautica.com.br, www.texasaviationservices.com, www.rotorcraftservices.com, www.integratedflightsys.com, www.rsgaerodesign.com, and www.wfly.com.br .
- 30-Jan-21 ZS-RWZ Airbus AS350B3 Grand Central, South Africa
- Eye In The Sky – Flight Data Recorder – achieves NZ certification
- 02-Jan-21 ZS-OXK Airbus AS350B3 Cape Town, South Africa
- 30-Dec-20 I-LGLG Airbus H125 San Martino, Italy
- 26-Dec-20 (tba) Airbus H125 Minimarg, Pakistan (4F)
- 23-Dec-20 RA-07328 Airbus H125 Novopodkletnoe, Russia
- 19-Dec-20 N574AM Airbus AS350B3 Driggs, US-Idaho
- True Blue Power announce VFS receive TCCA approval
- 04-Dec-20 JA504D Airbus AS350 Higashi Matsuyama, Japan
- Air Methods donates AS350B2 to Mercy Air Africa
- 02-Dec-20 OF-??? Airbus AS350 Mombo, Botswana
- Thales and StandardAero mark first flight of 4-axis autopilot for Airbus AS350 and H125
- 29-Nov-20 9N-AJJ Airbus AS350B2 Nuwakot, Nepal
- Genesys Aerosystems’ EFIS Now Certified on Airbus AS350/355
- 20-Nov-20 LV-FQN Airbus AS350B3 Coronel Moldes, Argentina (2F)
- 16-Nov-20 LN-OAX Airbus AS350B3 Lysefjorden, Norway
- 08-Nov-20 TG-GEA Airbus AS350B3 Alta Verapaz, Guatemala
- 26-Oct-20 N530H Airbus AS350B3 Arenas Valley, NM
- Entrol launches the H05 / H125 FNPT II simulator
- Astronics Enhanced Vision Systems Receives Approval for AS350s