Sikorsky Aircraft Corp. today launched its own page on the Twitter social media Web site, reaching out to a broader audience to provide information on company news, products and services. Sikorsky is a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE:UTX).
Sikorskyâ€™s new Twitter page can be found by visiting http://twitter.com/SikorskyAircrft
The page also can be accessed via the Sikorsky Web site at www.Sikorsky.com.
â€œThe age of social media is here and it is strong,â€ said John Pacelli, Sikorsky Vice President of Marketing. â€œOur research shows that the number of people who are visiting social media Web sites to stay in touch continues to grow. This is another tool to help us to engage our customers, employees, and the media, to keep them informed and connected to the latest news on our products and services. Itâ€™s another place where we need to be, and we think people will be excited to follow us on Twitter.â€
Sikorsky plans to promote its company brand but also sees Twitter as a new way to enhance relationships and deliver important news more quickly to our customers and the media.
â€œSikorsky is the worldâ€™s fastest growing helicopter company, and keeping up with the latest developments requires an instantaneous delivery system,â€ said Paul Jackson, Director of Communications. â€œUsing this new tool will enhance our ability to reach all who follow our company as important news is breaking. Expect to see a lot of postings the week of February 20 when the Heli-Expo show takes place in Houston. We encourage everyone to sign up now for access to our postings.â€
Twitter is a social networking and micro-blogging service with millions of users who are posting their latest news and messages for friends to read.
Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., based in Stratford, Conn., is a world leader in helicopter design, manufacture and service. United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Conn., provides a broad range of high technology products and support services to the aerospace and building systems industries.
- Airbus awarded Australia’s ARH Tiger support contract extension
- VIH Aerospace Achieves AS9100D Certification
- Heli-One and Caverton Sign Support Agreement
- FlightSafety integrates its Mixed Reality and VITAL 1100 Visual Systems
- H135 final assembly line starts operations
- P&WC adds Designated Maintenance Facility in China for AW139 operators
- AVX Aircraft and L3 Technologies Unveil Leap-Ahead Design
- 360-Degree Pilot Visual System Completes First Flight
- MD Helicopters enhances MD969
- Pilot shortage at Nassau County Police unit
- Air Methods closes Rainbow City base in Alabama
- Honeywell T55 Engine Powers New Future Vertical Lift Aircraft
- DRF makes successful start at new Bautzen base
- Universal Avionics Receives STC for InSight™ Touchscreen Control
- US State Dept sells little-used S61T fleet
- DRF Luftrettung buys Northern HeliCopter GmbH
- RUAG STC integrates customized avionics and night vision capabilities
- Sikorsky Teamsters Win the Ergo Cup
- ARH Tiger support contract extension announced
- Era Helicopters Wins 2019 NOIA Safety in Seas Award