Sikorsky Aircraft Corp. today launched its own page on the Twitter social media Web site, reaching out to a broader audience to provide information on company news, products and services. Sikorsky is a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE:UTX).
Sikorskyâ€™s new Twitter page can be found by visiting http://twitter.com/SikorskyAircrft
The page also can be accessed via the Sikorsky Web site at www.Sikorsky.com.
â€œThe age of social media is here and it is strong,â€ said John Pacelli, Sikorsky Vice President of Marketing. â€œOur research shows that the number of people who are visiting social media Web sites to stay in touch continues to grow. This is another tool to help us to engage our customers, employees, and the media, to keep them informed and connected to the latest news on our products and services. Itâ€™s another place where we need to be, and we think people will be excited to follow us on Twitter.â€
Sikorsky plans to promote its company brand but also sees Twitter as a new way to enhance relationships and deliver important news more quickly to our customers and the media.
â€œSikorsky is the worldâ€™s fastest growing helicopter company, and keeping up with the latest developments requires an instantaneous delivery system,â€ said Paul Jackson, Director of Communications. â€œUsing this new tool will enhance our ability to reach all who follow our company as important news is breaking. Expect to see a lot of postings the week of February 20 when the Heli-Expo show takes place in Houston. We encourage everyone to sign up now for access to our postings.â€
Twitter is a social networking and micro-blogging service with millions of users who are posting their latest news and messages for friends to read.
Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., based in Stratford, Conn., is a world leader in helicopter design, manufacture and service. United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Conn., provides a broad range of high technology products and support services to the aerospace and building systems industries.
- Helijet Announces Results of the Special Meeting
- Bristow Provides Update on Status of SEC Filings
- Terma Aircraft Survivability Equipment on RNLAF NH90 Ready for Operational Use
- Leonardo and PWNE add AW189 simulator to Service Agreement in Malaysia
- Alpha Aviation Purchases Anchorage Helicopter Tours
- HeliOffshore Helideck Work Group Reports on Top Five Safety Events
- Bell Boeing JPO Awarded $7M Contract for V-22 Modification
- Raytheon testing AI to improve CV-22 maintenance planning
- FleckDecks Awarded $17M Contract for V-22 and MV-22 Procurement
- CPI Aero Secures Additional Orders From Sikorsky
- Recognize The Best of Vertical Aviation
- Akagera Aviation celebrates a decade of successful operations in Rwanda
- Airbus and Safran team-up for greener vertical flight
- Wiking signs for two AW139s
- Sikorsky Awarded $15M Contract for UH-60M Maintenance
- Japan National Police places order with Bell
- EASA certifies Safran Arrano 1A engine
- Airbus signs MoU with Pawan Hans for H145 and H225, plus AS365 support
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Appoints President & General Manager
- Leonardo working with Suzuyo on first AW139 Level D Full Flight Simulator in Japan