As the aerospace industry continues to make its way through a difficult economic cycle, The Timken Companyâ€™s Aerospace and Defense business announced plans to expand its Aerospace Aftermarket Solutions organization to enhance its overhaul and repair operations, including: Â Staff and organizational enhancements to bolster its engine overhaul and repair capabilities;The addition of 100 new replacement parts to its extensive, existing portfolio of FAA-approved parts and assemblies; andWider availability of in-demand replacement parts for medium helicopters, now in stock.
â€œWe are sharpening our focus on engine overhaul and repair, and we expect customers to benefit from that emphasis,â€ said Larry Shiembob, general manager of Timkenâ€™s Aerospace Aftermarket Solutions operation in Mesa, Ariz. â€œAt the same time, weâ€™re strengthening our organization to support it.â€
Shiembob noted several staff additions as key among the changes, with Gregg DeVore and Tony Rossi joining the company as sales specialists.
DeVore is an aviation veteran who launched his career in 1981 with Beech Aerospace Services. His background includes work with a range of major maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) providers. He will support customers in the Midwest and Southwestern U.S.
Rossi has held sales and service positions with various MRO firms and will support customers in the Eastern U.S. Â DeVore and Rossi are part of a team that also includes Alonso Fonseca, who joined Timken last year a sales specialist responsible for T53, PT6A and PT6T engine products and services.
Larry Batchelor will continue in his role as senior product sales manager with a stronger emphasis on expansion in overhaul and repair, further enabled by the appointment of Peter Zimm as product sales manager. Zimm will focus on product sales management, including international representatives and distributors. He also will support growth of the Rolls Royce Model 250 engine and medium helicopter programs.
Timken has been serving aerospace customers for more than 70 years. Today, its Aerospace Aftermarket Solutions group offers the worldâ€™s most comprehensive inventory of high-quality replacement parts for a wide range of rotor- and fixed-wing aircraft. Timkenâ€™s capabilities include design, manufacture, system integration and overhaul of aerospace drive systems, rotor-head and flight-critical engine components. The company specializes in applications such as gas turbine engines, gearboxes and helicopter drivetrains. Its Aerospace Aftermarket Solutions operation offers reconditioning services and an extensive, growing portfolio of FAA-approved replacement parts for a variety of platforms.
About The Timken CompanyThe Timken Company (NYSE: TKR, http://www.timken.com) keeps the world turning with innovative friction management and power transmission products and services, enabling our customersâ€™ machinery to perform more efficiently and reliably. With sales of $3.1 billion in 2009 and operations in 26 countries and approximately 17,000 employees, Timken is Where You TurnÂ® for better performance.
- Q1 production analysis – Airbus rises while every other OEM falls
- Nigerian Navy receives AW139 helicopter
- Penn College aviation students receive industry scholarships
- EHang wins approval for autonomous air logistics operations
- Genesys flight testing their avionics suite on Black Hawks
- Pulselite® Bird Strike Prevention System STC Expanded to Include Bell 429 and Bell 505
- EBAA to provide members with live aviation security alerts from Osprey
- COVID-19 – AW139 supporting COVID-19 operations in Canada
- Babcock Selects Bell 429 for Australian Special Forces bid
- UKMFTS program adds first of four additional Airbus H145s
- ACC Aviation Partners with AeroMedical
- Wings Air Helicopters offers free flights for healthcare professionals
- Wingcopter is one of 9 winners of German Government’s €24M hackathon
- Leonardo AW159 Wildcat conducts first successful firings of Thales ‘Martlet’ LMM
- Swiss training solution company VRM completes second funding round
- Christoph 49 celebrates 20 years of takeover by the DRF Luftrettung
- Intrinsic Aviation announces JV with Arena Investors
- COVID19 – CHC cancels 2020 Safety & Quality Summit
- COVID19 – Scottish island to receive pandemic test kits by drone
- COVID19 – EpiShuttle arrives in France for evaluation