American Eurocopter announced today that the Suffolk County Police Department (SCPD) has ordered another AS350 B2 helicopter that will join the departmentâ€™s existing fleet of two AS350 B2s and one EC145. The aircraft will replace another helicopter and with this addition, the SCPDâ€™s Aviation Section will become an all-Eurocopter fleet operator.
â€œDue to their outstanding performance and adaptability, the AS350 family of helicopters has established itself as a preferred platform for law enforcement agencies throughout the nation,â€ said Marc Paganini, President and CEO of American Eurocopter. â€œWe are pleased that Suffolk County has chosen to add another AS350 B2 to their fleet and we welcome them to the growing list of all-Eurocopter operators.â€
The Suffolk County Police Departmentâ€™s Aviation Section performs a wide variety of missions including medevac, interhospital transport, over water search and rescue, as well as law enforcement. The Suffolk County PDâ€™s AS350 B2s primarily operate in the departmentâ€™s law enforcement missions, but due to the aircraftâ€™s cabin-size and flexibility, they are also able to fulfill EMS missions in a backup role.
â€œWith the aircraftâ€™s power, cabin size and visibility, the AS350 B2 really is perfect for our law enforcement missions,â€ explained Sergeant Brian Barrett, commanding officer of the SCPDâ€™s Aviation Section.
The AS350 â€“ AStar has become the reference for law enforcement missions in the United States. It is equipped with a powerful yet economical 732 shp Turbomeca Arriel 1D1 engine, with room for six plus pilot and a sling capacity of more than 2,555 lbs. The AS350 is uniquely adaptable for the full range of law enforcement missions from special operations to emergency medevacs.
About American Eurocopter
American Eurocopter is a helicopter manufacturer that produces, markets, sells and supports the broadest range of civil and para-public helicopters offered by any manufacturer in the United States. The company is a subsidiary of EADS North America Holdings, the North American operations of EADS, a global leader in aerospace, defense and related services, and is an affiliate of Eurocopter, the largest helicopter manufacturer in the world. American Eurocopterâ€™s product line represents the most cost-effective, technologically-advanced helicopters, ranging from light single to heavy twin, serving all markets and missions. Company headquarters and main facilities are located in Grand Prairie, TX, with a large manufacturing and production facility in Columbus, MS, that produces the UH-72A for the U.S. Armyâ€™s Light Utility Helicopter program.
- Air Methods donates AS350B2 to Mercy Air Africa
- 02-Dec-20 OF-??? Airbus AS350 Mombo, Botswana
- Thales and StandardAero mark first flight of 4-axis autopilot for Airbus AS350 and H125
- 29-Nov-20 9N-AJJ Airbus AS350B2 Nuwakot, Nepal
- Genesys Aerosystems’ EFIS Now Certified on Airbus AS350/355
- 20-Nov-20 LV-FQN Airbus AS350B3 Coronel Moldes, Argentina (2F)
- 16-Nov-20 LN-OAX Airbus AS350B3 Lysefjorden, Norway
- 08-Nov-20 TG-GEA Airbus AS350B3 Alta Verapaz, Guatemala
- 26-Oct-20 N530H Airbus AS350B3 Arenas Valley, NM
- Entrol launches the H05 / H125 FNPT II simulator
- Astronics Enhanced Vision Systems Receives Approval for AS350s
- 13-Sep-20 PP-MRA Airbus AS350 Arapiraca, Brazil
- GPMS wins STC for Foresight Predictive HUMS on AS350
- 06-Sep-20 N354PA Airbus AS350B2 Fort Greely, US-Alaska
- 01-Sep-20 N139HN Airbus EC130 Winchester, US-Kentucky
- 25-Aug-20 N160SH Airbus AS350B2 Tuxedni Bay, US-Alaska
- GPMS launches subscription-model HUMS
- Saudi operator orders ten Airbus H125s
- 17-Aug-20 C-FAHC Airbus AS350B2 Stewart, Canada (1F)
- 17-Aug-20 C-FAHC Airbus AS350 Stewart, Canada (1F)