Over the past few years, The Timken Company’s (NYSE: TKR) Aerospace and Defense business has been steadily increasing its offering of FAA-approved replacement parts, now available for a wider variety of platforms. With the 2010 Heli Expo this week in Houston, the company announced it has received FAA approval on 77 new additions to its lineup of helicopter drivetrain and engine products.Â This includes products for the Bell H-1 (Huey); the MD Helicopters MD500 Series; the Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6; and the Rolls-Royce Model 250 engines.
“We have doubled our offering of replacement parts in the past three years,” said Larry Shiembob, general manager of Aerospace-MRO for Timken’s Aerospace Aftermarket Solutions. “Timken is investing to expand the scope of aftermarket repair and replacement products and services we offer. That demonstrates a long-term commitment to helping our customers optimize their flight operations.”
Timken significantly expanded its product offering for the Bell H-1 (Huey) platform, with 33 new parts approved for that helicopter, including several on the “most requested” list:
- Swashplate Support (ASI-4011-404-125), typically replaced every 1,000 flight hours;
- Swashplate Assembly Bearing (204-011-430-1T); and
- Tail Rotor Grip (TAI-5011-711-101), another high-demand part for the H-1.
The new additions extend an offering of Timken replacement parts that helps operators offset the highest cost elements of overhaul. Other products that address this need include:
- MD 500: Bearing Cups and Bearing Cones, Upper M/R Hub;
- Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6: Turbine Blades and Stators, Compressor Rotor Blades, Stub Shafts, Planet Gear Sets, Ring Gears, Sun Gears, Accessory Gearbox Bearings and Bushing Kits; and
- Rolls Royce Model 250: 1st through 4th Stage Turbine Nozzles (including enhanced); Compressor Wheels and Case Halves; Combustion Liners; and Helical Torquemeter Gearshaft Assemblies.
Timken’s full list of aircraft replacement products is available at www.timken.com/MRO
Timken has been serving aerospace customers for more than 70 years. Today, its Aerospace Aftermarket Solutions group offers the world’s most comprehensive inventory of high-quality replacement parts for a wide range of rotor- and fixed-wing aircraft. Timken’s original-equipment and aftermarket capabilities include design, manufacture, system integration and overhaul of aerospace drive systems, rotor-head and flight-critical engine components. The company specializes in applications such as gas turbine engines, gearboxes and helicopter drivetrains. Its Aerospace Aftermarket Solutions operation offers reconditioning services and an extensive, growing portfolio of FAA-approved replacement parts for a variety of platforms.
About The Timken Company
The Timken Company ( TKR, http://www.timken.com) keeps the world turning with innovative friction management and power transmission products and services that enable our customers’ machinery to perform more efficiently and reliably. With sales of $3.1 billion in 2009, operations in 26 countries and approximately 17,000 employees, Timken is Where You TurnÂ® for better performance.
- Rivers State Government withdraws charges against Caverton Helicopters
- Netherlands – HeliCentre buys Entrol EC135 simulator
- Sri Lanka Aviation Unit in South Sudan Receive UN Medals
- Ehang supports Urban Air Mobility themed hotel
- COVID-19 – Ansat to transport patients with COVID-19 in isolation modules
- US Army test launches UAS from Black Hawk
- Australia – Rio Tintopledges A$500,000 to CareFlight
- Hereford County Hospital helipad is now open
- HAI Statement on NTSB Public Meeting of Survival Flight fatal accident
- Metro Aviation announces new Director of Operations
- Kaman K-MAX® Continues as a Proven Firefighting Asset
- COVID-19 – Airbus provides range of support help for customers
- AAMS Statement on NTSB Public Meeting of Survival Flight fatal accident
- ICRR funding boost sees AW109 return to 7 day working from June
- EBAA supports calls for cooperation on safe integration of drones
- ARGUS International & AirNav Systems Strategic Partnership
- DTN AviationSentry for Helicopters Launches in Europe
- Precision Support Services hires new General Manager
- Babcock MCS Italia loses first appeal over €51 Million fine
- Philippine attack helicopter purchase descends into deadlock