Goodrich Corporation is demonstrating a low-cost family of stabilized surveillance camera gimbals for the helicopter market that provides enhanced information-gathering capability to budget-pressured cities, businesses and armed forces. The gimbal system, part of the TASE family, is produced by Goodrich’s ISR Systems team from the Hood River, Ore.-based Cloud Cap Technology, Inc. business that was acquired by Goodrich in May, 2009.
The TASE gimbal system consists of a lightweight stabilized camera gimbal, software and a FAA-approved mount for the aircraft. The TASE system collects video during flight that can be displayed in real-time in the cockpit, reducing pilot workload, enhancing safety and reducing costs; images are also recorded for future playback.
“The Goodrich TASE system brings significant surveillance and inspection advantages to helicopter operators in smaller municipalities and businesses. These capabilities have previously been available only to cities and organizations with large capital budgets,” said Mark Zanmiller, director of business development for Cloud Cap Technology. “Configurable video and map displays for the operator or pilot, combined with autonomous tracking and anomaly tagging, reduce flight crew workload. Images are recorded and synchronized with GPS image position, so precise pinpointing for follow-up happens automatically. We anticipate a great demand for this affordable system to enhance a myriad of commercial and military helicopter missions including infrastructure inspection, forestry and coastline surveillance, firefighting and border patrol.”
Goodrich’s commercial customers for the new TASE system range from energy companies that use it for gas pipeline inspection to local law enforcement officials who use it to track potential criminals and support police officers on the ground.
Goodrich helicopter technology, including the TASE gimbal system, will be on display at the HELI EXPO(R), stand 3207, February 21-23, 2010 in Houston, Texas. More information about the TASE gimbal system can be found atÂ www.cloudcaptech.com.
Goodrich Corporation, a Fortune 500 company, is a global supplier of systems and services to aerospace, defense and homeland security markets. With one of the most strategically diversified portfolios of products in the industry, Goodrich serves a global customer base with significant worldwide manufacturing and service facilities. For more information, visitÂ http://www.goodrich.com.
Goodrich Corporation operates through its divisions and as a parent company for its subsidiaries, one or more of which may be referred to as “Goodrich Corporation” in this press release.
- Russian Helicopters plans on ditching western-built engines
- New Wheeler Army Airfield Airspace Design
- EFW Awarded $18M Contract for Procurement of 13 V-22 Processors
- Sikorsky Awarded $23M Contract for UH-60 Overhaul
- Airbus awarded Australia’s ARH Tiger support contract extension
- VIH Aerospace Achieves AS9100D Certification
- Heli-One and Caverton Sign Support Agreement
- FlightSafety integrates its Mixed Reality and VITAL 1100 Visual Systems
- H135 final assembly line starts operations
- P&WC adds Designated Maintenance Facility in China for AW139 operators
- AVX Aircraft and L3 Technologies Unveil Leap-Ahead Design
- 360-Degree Pilot Visual System Completes First Flight
- MD Helicopters enhances MD969
- Pilot shortage at Nassau County Police unit
- Air Methods closes Rainbow City base in Alabama
- Honeywell T55 Engine Powers New Future Vertical Lift Aircraft
- DRF makes successful start at new Bautzen base
- Universal Avionics Receives STC for InSight™ Touchscreen Control
- US State Dept sells little-used S61T fleet
- DRF Luftrettung buys Northern HeliCopter GmbH