Goodrich Corporation is demonstrating a low-cost family of stabilized surveillance camera gimbals for the helicopter market that provides enhanced information-gathering capability to budget-pressured cities, businesses and armed forces. The gimbal system, part of the TASE family, is produced by Goodrich’s ISR Systems team from the Hood River, Ore.-based Cloud Cap Technology, Inc. business that was acquired by Goodrich in May, 2009.
The TASE gimbal system consists of a lightweight stabilized camera gimbal, software and a FAA-approved mount for the aircraft. The TASE system collects video during flight that can be displayed in real-time in the cockpit, reducing pilot workload, enhancing safety and reducing costs; images are also recorded for future playback.
“The Goodrich TASE system brings significant surveillance and inspection advantages to helicopter operators in smaller municipalities and businesses. These capabilities have previously been available only to cities and organizations with large capital budgets,” said Mark Zanmiller, director of business development for Cloud Cap Technology. “Configurable video and map displays for the operator or pilot, combined with autonomous tracking and anomaly tagging, reduce flight crew workload. Images are recorded and synchronized with GPS image position, so precise pinpointing for follow-up happens automatically. We anticipate a great demand for this affordable system to enhance a myriad of commercial and military helicopter missions including infrastructure inspection, forestry and coastline surveillance, firefighting and border patrol.”
Goodrich’s commercial customers for the new TASE system range from energy companies that use it for gas pipeline inspection to local law enforcement officials who use it to track potential criminals and support police officers on the ground.
Goodrich helicopter technology, including the TASE gimbal system, will be on display at the HELI EXPO(R), stand 3207, February 21-23, 2010 in Houston, Texas. More information about the TASE gimbal system can be found atÂ www.cloudcaptech.com.
Goodrich Corporation, a Fortune 500 company, is a global supplier of systems and services to aerospace, defense and homeland security markets. With one of the most strategically diversified portfolios of products in the industry, Goodrich serves a global customer base with significant worldwide manufacturing and service facilities. For more information, visitÂ http://www.goodrich.com.
Goodrich Corporation operates through its divisions and as a parent company for its subsidiaries, one or more of which may be referred to as “Goodrich Corporation” in this press release.
- Rusada unveils new Technical Publications module for ENVISION
- US accident data heading for worst year in over a decade
- Derriford Hospital helipad sees 1700 landings in four years
- Geisinger Life Flight Implement WinAir Digital Signatures
- The Air Ambulance Service scoops national charity award
- Leonardo Helicopters picks workwear supplier for Yeovil production plant
- HAI Hires New Director of Government Affairs
- Heli-Parts Nevada acquired by Salus Aviation
- Heli-One appoints New VP H1 Operations
- DRF Luftrettung receives EURAMI certification
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Winner of 2019 Alfred Gessow Best Paper Award
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- 1st CAB Commander Makes Final Flight
- Star Navigation Announces MEDEVAC Agreement with Airmedic Inc.
- Airbus makes changes to its Executive Committee
- 13th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Lands in Oshkosh
- USHST Perceives a Deadly Trend for the Helicopter Industry
- Ipswich Hospital helipad marks first anniversary
- Meghalaya State Government to extend helicopter service?
- London’s Air Ambulance treats 40,000th patient